Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - summer's got his teeth in me again;

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Vendetta

no one calls you honey when you're sitting on a throne

Vendetta watches him play with the water, grasping at it as much as one can grasp at something so frustratingly tangible. To be able to touch it but not able to hold fast to it, it felt away, dripping, spilling back into the rest of the lake.

He smiles when he looks at her and her answering one is that of a wolf's. She might be your friend, showing you that you have nothing to fear from her. Or she might be preparing to tear open your throat. The unicorn has no quarrel with this man, though, and he is safe for tonight. From her at the least.

"Is it not the abysses of one's own making that keeps them the most captive?" Vendetta has no abyss, no gaping nothingness that threatens to swallow her up. She is in completed control af all the pieces and parts of her life. But, she thought, perhaps he did, this man of dusk and stars.

"The masquerade offers a measure of intrigue that I find... exciting," the woman of pearls and roses responds, a curious glinting in her ruby red eyes. Secrets, smoke and mirrors—there wasn't a lot of that to be had in her position, though she would never give up the infamy she had created for herself. No, she just got her thrills through different means. "You might be surprised to find how much a mask suits you, if you find the right one."

If she is talking abut herself she makes no indication of it, and her smile, as sharp as it is, does not falter. Perhaps that is all the indication that's needed. And when he asks her if she's found the night to her liking she thinks of the strange dagger hidden beneath her skirt, and how she cannot wait to hear how it sings against the flesh of another.

Vendetta holds his gaze when she answers.

"I've found many thing that have caught my eye," and vagueness of it is perhaps as unsettling as the way you can't quite see her eyes completely in this lighting, hidden beneath the shadow of black velvet. "And you? Surely there is more for you here than a dreamer's world, even if you did help to fabricate it."

"Speaking."

@Asterion

Messages In This Thread
summer's got his teeth in me again; - by Asterion - 12-11-2018, 11:54 PM
RE: summer's got his teeth in me again; - by Vendetta - 12-12-2018, 12:44 PM
RE: summer's got his teeth in me again; - by Asterion - 12-16-2018, 09:44 AM
RE: summer's got his teeth in me again; - by Vendetta - 12-30-2018, 07:38 PM
RE: summer's got his teeth in me again; - by Asterion - 01-01-2019, 12:43 PM
RE: summer's got his teeth in me again; - by Vendetta - 01-22-2019, 03:14 PM
RE: summer's got his teeth in me again; - by Asterion - 01-25-2019, 05:56 PM
RE: summer's got his teeth in me again; - by Vendetta - 02-22-2019, 05:29 PM
RE: summer's got his teeth in me again; - by Asterion - 03-05-2019, 01:07 PM