Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - You lift me up and I am found

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 164 — Threads: 28
Signos: 385
Inactive Character

He seems a little surprised when she mentions that she has met Florentine before. It has been some time, though. Katniss has to think the child was no longer a sweet, innocent foal, but a full-grown mare now. She remembers back when she visited Elysian. Though she was hesitant to stay long, she had come to see the once-queen. It had been a pleasant meeting, one she would cherish for a lifetime.

When he asks if she truly knew Florentine, she nods her head softly. He continues, telling her that Florentine was injured and had struggled here, but that was the norm. It was a shame that so many struggled here. She remembers the Rift, though strange and dangerous, had always been relatively pleasant to her. That is where she had met Metaphor. It’s where she built her haven. It was where she finally felt free. She hated knowing that this place did not hold such fond memories for some of the others that took haven here.

The conversation moves freely then, onto whether or not she might be able to find her friend here. She does not feel him. When she and Metaphor were reunited in The Rift, she had felt his presence. She does not feel it here and it makes her heart ache. It was the source of many of her regrets, regrets for not protecting him, and regrets about not truly telling him how she felt. Asterion seems to understand her hidden meaning, his gaze soft and understanding. It does not take words to understand that he knows what she’s feeling. He must have felt this way before. But Metaphor was not here. It was time for her to move on, to try to make something of her life here. She needed to start fresh, to try to once again get back into the swing of things to help her forget.

After her promises to help him rebuild his own lands, she looks to the party to reflect. This is a happy, joyous setting and she would do well to smile a little and mingle. After all, Isra threw these sorts of gathers for fun. Perhaps she should try to enjoy herself instead of moping and dwelling on her past. But even as she tries to enjoy herself, she cannot help but sense that there is danger here. That perhaps, someone is using this grand party to plot things against her queen.

He mentions that it is the cities that seem to be filled with buildings and homes and other wondrous things. But it is the way he mentions books and music that catches her attention. Her ears take in the beautiful sounds around her. She cannot deny that it is breathtaking. “I have never read a book.” She muses out loud as she continues to listen to the music, listening to the way it seems to reel in her attention. It was dangerous.

Asterion seems to be on the same train of thought, that there are wonderful things here, but he has his own reservations. She nods her head ever so softly. “It causes one to let their guard down. That can be dangerous.” If everyone was invited here within their boarders to enjoy this party, then even their enemies could attend. Who was monitoring the boarder? “War is all I have known…but something about this place makes me uneasy…as if there is a serpent amongst the shadows waiting to strike.” Perhaps she is just being overly jumpy. Perhaps she had reason to be uneasy. “Isra has asked me to help strengthen Denocte’s boarders…but” She trails off, her voice growing soft as she turns to look back at Asterion. This time, there is a sense of determination and urgency in her eyes and in the way she speaks. “She wants me to aid in her army, but to do that I must spar.” She knows that Asterion will understand. In order to be head of Isra’s army and in control of her defences, she must prove her worth. She must show Isra that she means what she says and she has the track record to prove it. “Will you spar me, Asterion?” She will go easy on the king, but she needs to show her queen that she means well.

@asterion

Messages In This Thread
You lift me up and I am found - by Katniss - 01-01-2019, 10:50 AM
RE: You lift me up and I am found - by Asterion - 01-01-2019, 01:19 PM
RE: You lift me up and I am found - by Katniss - 01-01-2019, 06:12 PM
RE: You lift me up and I am found - by Asterion - 01-03-2019, 12:49 PM
RE: You lift me up and I am found - by Katniss - 01-03-2019, 03:55 PM
RE: You lift me up and I am found - by Asterion - 01-06-2019, 05:41 PM
RE: You lift me up and I am found - by Katniss - 01-08-2019, 03:35 PM
RE: You lift me up and I am found - by Asterion - 01-16-2019, 01:20 PM
RE: You lift me up and I am found - by Katniss - 01-19-2019, 06:35 PM
RE: You lift me up and I am found - by Asterion - 01-24-2019, 04:10 PM