Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - flower through disarray

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Eulalie

all along i believed i would find you
time has brought your heart to me
“You will never be without me,” Eulalie said. So sure of it she was that her heart beat a little faster and her earth brown eyes glimmered like the sun shone from within them. She was an eternal flame, a burning fire, warm and comforting and steady. She would always be with him, her whole heart, her whole soul. Her whole being. It was tied to him, and had been she knew, since that first day out on the banks of the Rapax.

She thinks of that morning, with the sun shining and she thinks of pink dolphins and miracles. And what a miracle, love is. What a gift that she should feel it so deeply for another and have it returned in kind. Her heart was incomplete without him, Eulalie realized. Without him it would spend the rest of her life searching, yearning. Together they were whole. Together they were made better. Stronger. It was a feeling of what she imagined flying might be like—in the clouds—the sun brushing over you, filling you, with the whole world open to you below.

She felt every emotion of Somnus’ keenly, every beat of his heart and release of his breath. She felt it all, as if they were her own. Were they not? Was her heart not his, his not hers? Had they been destined to this, so lucky that the gods had placed them where they needed to be to find each other, in the time that they would require it most? She wanted to say ‘You have never been without me,’ because it felt right. Standing here Eulalie felt as if she had never been anywhere else, and could be nowhere else after this. At his side was the only place she belonged in this world.

‘Would you marry me?’

Eulalie thought of the moment she had stood within the halls of this very citadel, heart pounding, worry creasing her brow. She thought of the moment she had come to tell Somnus that she was with child, fearing, above all things, that she would offer him her heart and he would not take it. Oh, but he had taken it, so gently, so steadily, and held onto it every day since then; carried it with him, faithfully, carefully. She remembered her fears and her doubts and she let them go. There was no place for them here, even in her memories.

She need never doubt him.

She need never hesitate with him, for all he had ever done was give her reason to love him more fully than she thought she ever could.

“You are my home, Somnus. The place I will always return to again and again, in this life and the next and all after it,” her voice was but a breath, a whisper on the air, reaching out and brushing against him, filling the silent space around them. Eulalie had not thought she could love him more, could find more reasons to stand at his side, and yet her heart overflowed. It overflowed into her veins, into every cell. Into her very core. If you could see inside her she would be nothing but devotion, pure and everlasting.

“You have had and will always have my heart; it could beat for no one else but you,” her eyes glistened, her joy brimming on the edge of everything that she was. And beat her heart did, a rhythm, a chorus, soaring to the skies above. Oh, how stories could be written about the love her heart sang, how the love her heart sang could convince even gods to mold the world to accommodate it.

“Yes I will marry you,” she smiled. The first of her tears slipped down her cheeks. Everything in her hummed, glowed, rejoiced. She stepped closer to him, pressing against him, wrapping herself in everything about him. There was nobody and nothing but them in this moment, and she would be nowhere else for the rest of her days but here, standing with him. Loving him. The rest of the world would just have to wait, “nothing on this earth could change my mind.” And she held him close to her and vowed that she would never, ever let him go.

"Speaking."
credits

@Somnus and that is that <33

Messages In This Thread
flower through disarray - by Eulalie - 01-12-2019, 11:05 AM
RE: flower through disarray - by Somnus - 02-04-2019, 03:45 AM
RE: flower through disarray - by Eulalie - 02-09-2019, 12:09 PM
RE: flower through disarray - by Somnus - 02-17-2019, 11:52 PM
RE: flower through disarray - by Eulalie - 03-09-2019, 10:46 AM
RE: flower through disarray - by Somnus - 03-11-2019, 07:19 PM
RE: flower through disarray - by Eulalie - 03-11-2019, 08:44 PM
RE: flower through disarray - by Somnus - 03-11-2019, 09:27 PM