Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - where the light breaks through

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 50 — Threads: 5
Signos: 330
Inactive Character

over the moaning bones
of those who quit and chose to remain

At first, nothing seemed amiss. She agreed to his offer with a pleasant nod, but as she straightened, he took note of the way she scanned the immediate vicinity as though trying to find somebody. It was odd, but Atreus paid no mind to the action as he lead the way, abandoning the table of masks and other festive trinkets behind them.

Others were already moving in step to the music, pairs swaying and waltzing as though they were one entity while others appeared to be considerably less practiced. His attention was not on them, however, for tonight, he only had eyes and thoughts for the woman of ivory and blushing lavenders. She stood a vexing distance apart from him, not far but not near as close as he yearned for her to be. Worry was a sliver beneath his hide, agitating and not so easy to rid himself of – had he been too presumptuous, too abrasive with the feelings that he had so abruptly cultivated for her? Or… was she simply being coy?

Atreus was many things, but fearful and shy was not something he had been in a very long time.

Twisting and turning, he allowed the music to command his feet with exceptional grace despite his taller frame. Silvery red and patchy lavender weaved together, and with every opportunity their tune presented, he inched just a little closer to her. His golden eye turned more than the black to regard her, gazing into the alluring depths of her own lilac pools. Unbidden, a soft grin tugged at the corners of his lips and he reached tenderly toward her, defying what distance remained between them as he attempted to brush shoulders with his petite partner.

“You remind me of somebody I know,” he says on a wistful sigh, his words mingling with the gentle murmur of voices and ambient music around them. “A woman amongst girls. She has soft, gentle eyes; the sort that would tear me to pieces if I let them.” Another dare, this time reaching for the space behind her eye and below her ear. “And, oh, would I let them.”

@Fiona

“Speaking.”
credits

be careful with that one, love, he will do what it takes to survive

all contact is permitted and encouraged

Messages In This Thread
where the light breaks through - by Fiona - 01-14-2019, 09:22 PM
RE: where the light breaks through - by Atreus - 02-21-2019, 07:26 PM
RE: where the light breaks through - by Fiona - 02-26-2019, 11:52 AM
RE: where the light breaks through - by Atreus - 03-31-2019, 03:00 AM
RE: where the light breaks through - by Fiona - 04-06-2019, 04:32 PM
RE: where the light breaks through - by Atreus - 04-07-2019, 05:14 AM