Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

IC Event  - Something Evil this way Comes

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Firefly [PM] Posts: 31 — Threads: 2
Signos: 0
Deceased Character

The group around the scene grew more and more, and Metaphor shifted over with each new arrival to allow them room.  In some ways, he feels like an intruder to a private moment, for it was strange that he’d been wrapped into such an unfortunate event.  He could see where it could appear that he was involved, though certainly, the red stallion had been far from this place when the murders took place.  Already, his name had been cleared of wrong doing, but it still didn’t curb the accusatory or confused stares being throw in his direction.  He wanted to help, but perhaps the biggest way he could help right now was to leave the Dawn Court to their grieving.  

Demon blood?  What do you mean? the question breaks through his train of thought, and he turns to Ulric.  Shuddering, Metaphor tries not to remember the satyr like creatures that were born from the darkest of magic.  At Ravos, he’d seen the demons first hand.  They’d shifted the magic into terrible things, tempting others to follow their dark and demonic plans.  I have seen demons before.  His voice is quiet, thoughtful even as he remembers, his eyes growing dark with concern.  They are terrible beasts, born from the very darkness in hell… and some, some looked like this.  Half man, half beast, walking on two cloven hooves.  It was the stuff nightmares were made of.  Still, this is only a theory of his.

I hope I am mistaken… for all of our sakes.  The quiet stallion nods as if to reassure himself, slender crimson ears flickering toward the suggestion that they should bury the dead.  Where he’d come from, they would burn the bodies… but every place had its customs.  At least once they were buried, their bodies would stand as a testament to the evil that happened in this place, to the unfortunate circumstances that drew the Dawn Court together in unity.  

Again, he would help to dig the graves should they wish it… but maybe his service was best applied elsewhere.  Finding the opportunity to make an exit and hurry home to warn his own people, he turned to Somnus with a humble vow.  If the tracks lead east, then I shall follow them as far as I am able.  If I find anything, I shall send an eagle named Finnick with the message – and please, do not hesitate to call on your brothers in Denocte.  We stand ready to help, be it with healing or with vengeance.  He paused, trying to remember the lessons that Katniss had taught him of their lore, too new to know much… but the God of the Dawn Court’s name came to mind rather easily.

Oriens bless your people, and may he carry you through this difficult time.  Nodding to the small gathering, and seeing that Pan was steady enough to stand on his own, the red stallion began to follow the tracks east into the forest, in search of the beast.

m e t a p h o r

MEDIC of the NIGHT COURT

@Sloane @Pan  @Somnus @Messalina @Eulalie @Pavetta @Ulric @Atreus
ooc: seems like you've got quite a party now, but he's happy to help - just ping me and he can come back if needed.  he's also a healer, so he can help with that too

m e t a p h o r

Messages In This Thread
Something Evil this way Comes - by Random Events - 02-04-2019, 12:38 AM
RE: Something Evil this way Comes - by Pan - 02-04-2019, 03:58 AM
RE: Something Evil this way Comes - by Metaphor - 02-04-2019, 04:41 AM
RE: Something Evil this way Comes - by Sloane - 02-08-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: Something Evil this way Comes - by Messalina - 02-09-2019, 05:58 AM
RE: Something Evil this way Comes - by Eulalie - 02-12-2019, 10:46 AM
RE: Something Evil this way Comes - by Sloane - 02-13-2019, 08:08 AM
RE: Something Evil this way Comes - by Pan - 02-15-2019, 03:02 PM
RE: Something Evil this way Comes - by Metaphor - 02-15-2019, 03:17 PM
RE: Something Evil this way Comes - by Somnus - 02-15-2019, 08:46 PM