Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Worship  - To the stars that listen

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aislinn

A I S L I N N
"TO THE STARS THAT LISTEN"

The stormsinger's crown tilted to the side as she watched the young mare, her curiosity blossoming in full force as she beheld her. Such a lost girl; to have no inkling of where one was in such a vast, mysterious place. Aislinn thought of this as her gaze flickered to the expanse of stars shining through the columns of stone that supported that beautiful citadel. So so close, that she could almost reach out and touch them; swim in their sea of pearls against Calligo's great darkness. A smile tugged at her lips at the thought, before she turned her attention back to the shining youngling, her own gaze of brightest blue meeting hers made of buttons.

What gods are here? Are there different ones?

The stormsinger's grin widened more. "Yes," she started, a soft chuckle rumbling in her throat. Oh to be young and innocent again. "There are five. Oriens, the god of the rising sun; Solis, the god of unrelenting day; Vespera, the goddess of sunsets," she paused, her eyes closing and warmth flooding her as the fourth name touched her lips, "Calligo, the demi-goddess of stars and slumbering darkness." She slowly blinked her eyes open, inhaling deeply as the story of the gods washed over her. Another tale, for another time, perhaps. "And the fifth; their father, Tempus, the god of time itself."

How do I know which one is right for me? Will they betray us? Hurt us?

Such curious, cautious questions for someone so young. Aislinn inhaled sharply, turning the girl's words over and over. But in the end, she shook her crown, her wild starlight-colored mane shuddering at the movement. "That is for you to decide, little one," she replied, almost solemnly, "but I cannot speak for the gods. In my heart, I do not believe they would ever harm us though." Some truth, at least. I cannot say for sure for the other three, save for Calligo. For she knew in the deepest corners of her soul that her own goddess could never harm one who called the Night home.

Do they grant wishes? And perform miracles?

Aislinn laughed then; truly laughed. A musical, bell-like sound that rumbled in her throat and echoed off of the temple's stone walls. The stars glittered and winked almost in answer to the night-blessed mare. "Yes, they do.. at least I'd like to believe they do." With a great inhale, the winged mare pulled herself up to stand, a shiver of relief shuddering down her spine at the sweet bliss of stretching her muscles once more. She slowly stepped closer to the young mare, a soft smile a phantom on her lips. "You just need faith."

Moving to the entrance and exit to the citadel, she turned and silently spoke a prayer to her demi-goddess once more. Thanking her for her listening ears and patience, and for bringing such an unexpected but not unwanted visitor to her this night. Turning back to look at the silver youngling, she fluffed her feathers to prepare for her launch into the skies. "You are always welcome to the Night, little one." A smile, a goodbye.

And as she bent her knees and her great wings unfurled to taste the sweet air of Calligo's shadows, the stormsinger's voice fluttered back into the citadel like a whisper. "My name is Aislinn," she sighed, and then she was gone in a flurry of moonlight and stars and smoke.

OOC: @Coraline <3 woo! Did a thing. I'm sorry for the ruddy closeout... I plan on throwing Ash in your new thread too so our babes can meet again :3

LOVE, SPACE

Messages In This Thread
To the stars that listen - by Aislinn - 07-05-2017, 08:04 AM
RE: To the stars that listen - by Coraline - 07-05-2017, 07:43 PM
RE: To the stars that listen - by Aislinn - 07-08-2017, 07:13 AM
RE: To the stars that listen - by Coraline - 07-08-2017, 03:47 PM
RE: To the stars that listen - by Aislinn - 07-15-2017, 01:53 AM
RE: To the stars that listen - by Coraline - 07-16-2017, 07:43 PM
RE: To the stars that listen - by Aislinn - 07-26-2017, 07:22 AM
RE: To the stars that listen - by Coraline - 09-17-2017, 08:13 PM
RE: To the stars that listen - by Aislinn - 09-23-2017, 08:56 PM
RE: To the stars that listen - by Coraline - 09-24-2017, 11:12 AM