Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - through ash and stars —

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Reichenbach

REICHENBACH
LIKE ICARUS LOVED THE SUN

He was not alone for long, for as if summoned by the raging beauty of the ocean below, a man appeared. Reichenbach heard him approach without turning, allowing the cold breeze to twine it's fingers in his hair and tug it toward the frenetic activity below before glancing silently at his companion. His glance was swift, affirming - Dusk Court but... with the lingering scent of snow and ice. His glance was longer this time, hovering about the roached mane and slick icicle-like horn that stirred memories of the Winter Court within his keen memory. He'd visited Veteris before, years back when he'd had more arrogance than sense (that arrogance had transformed into something more stoic, though his senselessness in truth remained healthy) - and he'd also visited Hiemsterra, The Winter Court. 

His argent eyes turned back to the ocean, warm and curious - it was well known that Hiemsterra were a proud territory, and very loyal... so what was a Winter Court man doing in Terrastella? The question paused in his mind as Morozko began to speak, his voice a pleasant, foreign lilt. Reich's smile only grew, the charcoal corners of his lips turning upward easily and pleasantly, his great head nodding slightly in agreement;

"You'd have some time to enjoy your fall, at least"

His silver gaze didn't leave the roiling mess of whitewater below as he spoke, his baritone voice a melodic, memorable thing.

"I'm glad you ask -" Reichenbach turned his broad chest to face the stranger, continuing with a roguish grin. "I am Reichenbach, Sovereign of the -"  And so entered that girl.

That girl that stank of adventure and mischief, that was honey and yarrow, shadows and steel blades. Reich huffed delightedly at her appearance, watching through wry eyes as she curtsied. He didn't see her romantically (she was so young, although couples in Denocte were made up of all ages and genders, so in reality she wasn't too young at all), though he couldn't help but to recognise a kindred spirit, couldn't help but to see her dancing about the maypole in his Court, not this one. 

He watched the petals as they danced over the cliffs edge, beautiful and perishable, bursting with colour and scent. When he returned his gaze to the flower girl she was inches away, tucking a dainty flower within his wild hair. His heart picked up it's pace, his lungs tightened, his pupils dilated with the closeness of her - ignoring the burning of his skin, he simply gave a small smile and dipped his head in a bow of his own.

"Thank you"

He murmured, eyes crinkling with amusement as she wound a flower around the other mans horn. A hearty laugh escaped his throat as she turned her words once more upon him;

"Only as sore as I deserved."

Warmth settled about Reichenbach like a cloak, nestling in the crooks of his eyes as he turned to Morozko and finished his earlier sentence.

"Let me start again - Reichenbach, Sovereign of the Night Court, at your-" he paused "- at both of your service." There was another pause, the silence filled with crying gulls and crashing waves.

"I've come to meet with Rannveig - there are things that we will need to discuss. Would you introduce me? Although perhaps it would be best if you first introduced yourselves"

His grin returned, robust and vibrant, his gaze swapping between Morozko and Florentine openly. 

@Morozko @Florentine sorry this took so long, I'm loving the dynamic between the three of them! 

Messages In This Thread
through ash and stars — - by Reichenbach - 07-13-2017, 10:14 PM
RE: through ash and stars — - by Morozko - 07-13-2017, 11:44 PM
RE: through ash and stars — - by Florentine - 07-17-2017, 05:47 AM
RE: through ash and stars — - by Reichenbach - 07-19-2017, 10:59 PM
RE: through ash and stars — - by Rannveig - 07-24-2017, 12:09 PM
RE: through ash and stars — - by Damascus - 07-25-2017, 06:37 AM
RE: through ash and stars — - by Morozko - 07-25-2017, 01:58 PM
RE: through ash and stars — - by Florentine - 07-27-2017, 11:49 AM
RE: through ash and stars — - by Reichenbach - 08-01-2017, 01:01 AM
RE: through ash and stars — - by Rannveig - 08-09-2017, 12:55 PM