Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - [MEETING] THE FIRST DAWN

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Kasil

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
KASIL

It did not take long for the first of the court to arrive, a rose colored unicorn wearing a gently glowing amulet. Kasil made it a point not to notice the beauty of others, but if he had been the type he might have appreciated her unconventional beauty. The dark bay stallion glanced at his mother, who had begun to move a safer distance away -- allowing her son to greet his people in peace. He hated it when she hovered, and she knew that -- although it rarely stopped her from exerting her ‘motherly’ concern. The winged king allowed a gentle smile to spread across his features, offering the unicorn respect in return with a bow of his head. ”Nimue.” He said aloud, committing the name to memory. ”Thank you for your service to this court. Being a Sage is a sacred duty, may Oriens guide you.”  She would be one of those that he was interested in meeting with after this formality -- to gauge her abilities and see if perhaps she might be worth promoting into one of his much needed higher ranks. He held a tenderness for the rank of Sages, not uncommon in the Dawn Court.

A male of worth approached him next, the glittering jewel on his chest something that would have certainly caught his mother’s eye. He had half a mind to warn the stallion, but decided that he would instead have a stern word with his mother about the importance of not abusing her station as a Sovereign’s mother. Kasil watched with interest as he lowered his head, the golden horn adorning his head a rather intimidating thing if he were not sure of the stallion’s intent. ”Martin. A fine name for a warrior.” His lips split into a smile, offering a nod of his head in respect. ”I trust that you will serve our court well, keep her inhabitants safe from any who try to threaten her.” His ears leaned forward, to hear a confirmation of this -- expecting acceptance.

The Sovereign ruffled his feathers as another young stag stepped into the fray. A unicorn as well, but he seemed a simpler kind -- although Kasil knew better than to judge appearances. He could sense the youth in him, compared to the first unicorn, but his voice held composure. His smile widened, kind hearted gaze meeting the youth’s for a moment -- disappointed, but not puzzled as it did not linger long on his own. So many old traditions and fears to stamp out under his reign. He did not wish for anyone to fear him, especially his own people. He needed them to trust him, and how could he expect their loyalty if they were afraid to seek him out or hold his gaze? ”Charlemagne! Of course, we welcome you to Delumine -- feel free to seek them out, may you find the knowledge that you thirst for. May I introduce you to Nimue, one of our Sages? She may be of great interest to you. ” The dark stallion said with a little more gusto. He turned his gaze to Nimue and Martin, nodding to indicate Nimue to the youth. ”I grew up learning the way of the sages. They may always have a special place in my heart, an important piece to the foundation of Delumine. I am glad to see the pillars so well represented so far.”

He dipped his head in respect, before pulling away to leave them to their own conversations. Kasil recognized both of the young stallions that appeared in the crowd next, the audience beginning to fill the intimate space. Ipomoea and Pan were a pair that he had met only once before this meeting -- both wandering in some of his favorite places to wander himself. He was grateful at least for a few familiar faces, even if they too were only acquaintances. Ipomeoa’s appearance was a bit disheveled than he remembered their last meeting; a flower tucked into his hair which only enhanced and reinforced the more feminine qualities about him. ”Po, welcome!” Kasil said, pausing as Pan chimed in -- introducing himself to the small circle that seemed to have formed around the winged male.

”Pan, it is good to see you again. How are you finding things in the Court?” He asked, turning his ears in the youth’s direction. ”Not quite jobs to do, although I know we will find you something very productive to do, my young friend.” He glanced back at Nimue and Martin, then to Charlemagne. ”The court has long been out of order, with recent events and my...appointment as Sovereign -- I thought it best to gather as many as I could to say hello. Perhaps mention some important points --” He paused, noting that there seemed to be a few missing, and that was something he would correct. It was not going to stand that a call by the Sovereign went unanswered. ”My higher ranks are vacant, which no doubt some of you know. We are rebuilding from ash and rubble. I wanted to extend the invitation for those interested in higher positions to meet with me, so that I can gauge your loyalty to Oriens and Delumine.” He let his ears pull back, the dawn light glinting off of his ornamental head piece, the gold triangles that adorned where his forelock might have hung if he didn’t prefer it tied back away from his eyes.

”Pan, I would like you to try various positions within the Court -- to decide what suits you the best. Your adventurous nature lends itself to perhaps a Warrior position, as they take many travels in support of the Court. But, that is something I’d like you to discover for yourself.” He mentioned to the young silver stag.

ooc: sorry for the delay on this! @Pan @Ipomoea @Martin @Nimue @Charlemagne

coding by Avis

Messages In This Thread
[MEETING] THE FIRST DAWN - by Kasil - 07-14-2017, 12:40 PM
RE: [MEETING] THE FIRST DAWN - by Nimue - 07-14-2017, 10:12 PM
RE: [MEETING] THE FIRST DAWN - by Martin - 07-15-2017, 07:58 PM
RE: [MEETING] THE FIRST DAWN - by Charlemagne - 07-15-2017, 09:10 PM
RE: [MEETING] THE FIRST DAWN - by Pan - 07-16-2017, 01:06 PM
RE: [MEETING] THE FIRST DAWN - by Ipomoea - 07-16-2017, 12:53 PM
RE: [MEETING] THE FIRST DAWN - by Kasil - 08-09-2017, 12:51 PM
RE: [MEETING] THE FIRST DAWN - by Nimue - 08-11-2017, 07:22 AM
RE: [MEETING] THE FIRST DAWN - by Pan - 08-12-2017, 12:57 AM