Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - [MEETING] THE FIRST DAWN

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Kasil

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
KASIL

There were voices that expressed interest, and some of the crowd began to disperse. Nimue, in particular -- he noticed did not stick around for long after her request for his audience. He could appreciate that, and he wondered for a moment if she were off to those libraries to prepare to meet him. The sages would have a plethora of ranks to choose from, unwittingly favored for their skills and knowledge. Kasil had been a sage before his ascension to first the Emissary rank, then to Sovereign. He was a bit disappointed in her lack of enthusiasm to see the young Charlemagne taken under her tutelage -- but it would be something he discussed with her in private.

The Dawn King let his gaze slide back to Po for a moment, as Pan accepted his decree that the boy should seek out the world and his own path. He touched the silver-touched child, letting his muzzle rest against his shoulder for the briefest of moments for he could sense a pain that had not been there before. ”Pan?” He murmured softly. ”My suggestion is only that...a suggestion. I would never ask you to take a role you didn’t want.”  It was the only advice that he had for the silver, scaled youth -- but it was solid. Now was the time, because soon enough he would be expected to choose his path and it would be difficult to change it. He felt a strong fatherly sense towards the youth, and hoped that he did not seem too insistent. He let his touch fade away, moving on to seek out the the next he wished to speak with.

He wanted to speak to the cherry colored stallion, to express an interest in Po’s future with the Dawn Court, when another stepped into his path. The wraith like figure was ruddy in color, splashes of white tossed onto his body with minimal impact. A pair of horns sprouted atop his head and curled around his ears, and he spoke -- the thin wisp who had stepped into his path. Perhaps the stallion had not meant to cause offense by interrupting his stride, but Kasil could not be sure -- drawing himself up to stand correctly. He could not stop the way that his ears flickered backwards, the only indication of his mild annoyance. He let one of them flick forward again, listening to the deep voice that did not seem to belong to one who appeared younger.

”Just Kasil.” He murmured, correcting him -- but not harshly. ”I do not expect my own people to address me so formally.” He let a little smile play on to his lips, finding it frozen there as the stallion continued to speak. About midway through, it appeared that his face had thawed and his lips pressed into a more firm and thoughtful line. His chocolate gaze traveled the length of this newcomer, this Kaladin of whom he had never seen before -- save for this moment. One who had shown up late, and had so boldly stepped into his path. The king’s face betrayed nothing as he heard out this stranger’s argument, giving a great pause as he considered the words. He was not a hasty man in any regard, which was why his ranks remained unfilled. When he opened his mouth again, his tone was cooler and far more removed than anyone had ever heard it in this court. It was always so when he made judgements and decisions, and by no means the fault of this eager stallion.

”Kaladin.” He said slowly, drawing the power of his position behind the name. ”I appreciate the boldness that you have. It is an excellent quality to possess to be so confident in oneself.” He let a tight smile find it’s way back to his lips, before it fell away like an autumn leaf tumbling to the ground. ”However, I must decline your...generous offer to act as my Emissary.” The Sovereign gave a roll of his shoulders, the wings restless against his sides. They itched with the need for flight, the crippling anxiety that he felt crawling across the surface of his skin unsettling. ”Your efficacy means nothing to me, if I...and Oriens do not have your loyalty. You see, your intended result could be so very different from the divine purpose of the Gods. I need to know that your end game is in line with my own, with Oriens.” He gave the stallion a hard stare, not quite convinced that it was.

He lifted his chin, the gold headpiece glinting in the light. ”And of another note, the Emissary position is typically held by a Sage. As a Caretaker, you are tasked with the healing of the people -- not knowledge. Granted, it is not to say that a Caretaker can not hold the role...but you would be hard pressed to sway the court that someone meant to heal would be knowledgable enough. You have a hard task ahead, if that is what you endeavor to take on.” He murmured. ”Good day to you, Kaladin.” He said, as the underside of his belly began to twitch. He moved then, his pace resuming as he brushed by the bold stag; his wings scraping him from the proximity of their bodies.

His smile was a bit unsteady as he went towards his original target, the boy with the flowered crown and winged feet. ”Po, I am so glad that you could make it.” The Sovereign said. ”It is nice to see familiar faces, I had no idea that there were so many of us now.” He said, his expression returning to the jovial and friendly king that he was more familiar with. Inside, his intestines twisted with anxiety -- invisible ivy vines beginning to crawl over his skin so that they could choke him. He didn’t have time for them now, but later...oh later he would imagine the way that they would spread to his mouth and nose -- covering him until he was nothing left.

ooc: sorry for the delay on this! @Pan @Ipomoea @Martin @Nimue @Charlemagne @Kaladin

coding by Avis

Messages In This Thread
[MEETING] THE FIRST DAWN - by Kasil - 07-14-2017, 12:40 PM
RE: [MEETING] THE FIRST DAWN - by Nimue - 07-14-2017, 10:12 PM
RE: [MEETING] THE FIRST DAWN - by Martin - 07-15-2017, 07:58 PM
RE: [MEETING] THE FIRST DAWN - by Charlemagne - 07-15-2017, 09:10 PM
RE: [MEETING] THE FIRST DAWN - by Pan - 07-16-2017, 01:06 PM
RE: [MEETING] THE FIRST DAWN - by Ipomoea - 07-16-2017, 12:53 PM
RE: [MEETING] THE FIRST DAWN - by Kasil - 08-09-2017, 12:51 PM
RE: [MEETING] THE FIRST DAWN - by Nimue - 08-11-2017, 07:22 AM
RE: [MEETING] THE FIRST DAWN - by Pan - 08-12-2017, 12:57 AM
RE: [MEETING] THE FIRST DAWN - by Kaladin - 08-12-2017, 09:34 AM