Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - [MEETING] THE FIRST DAWN

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Kaladin

They were mortal, and they would never understand.

Even as he looked around, into the pits of the cold, dumb, oh-so short-lived eyes, he could see understand the mistake he had made. The friends he'd made during his journeys had ensorcelled him, trapped him in a web of some blissful high that he'd thought to have found his footing on. In truth, it had been a false sense of security - now the ninth cloud dissipated, and he felt himself falling, tumbling, losing his grip. Fallen from grace.

But he had been a god. He had mastered the truths of mundanity, gleamed insight into the violent and selfish acts of mankind. But his inexperience in terrestrial existence had given him the naivety of a newborn - one that had thrust him into the melee of politics and relationship of the mortal world. And now he would pay the price; he would be shamed before them all.

No. He had been a god. He would not be lowered and stepped upon when his deserved gilt pedestal was just out of reach. He would have vengeance one day - until then, he could not allow the feelings of betrayal and shame to burst their way past his tongue and teeth - no matter how much he wanted to. He raised his chin, allowing the emotions he kept at bay to sharpen his gaze as if it were a sword, and they were a whetstone.

It was this cold and calculating gaze he faced Kasil with. "Very well, then. It would seem you are more foolish then I initially suspected." his voice caught in his throat. His legs were shaking - but he would not cave, not now. "If you cannot recognize wisdom and loyalty without it being put into words and laid at your feet, then I am not sure if you can see past your own nose." He flicked his tail, hoping the movement would mask the nervous twinge of his hooves. "Nevertheless, this is my home, and I will continue to serve my Court - but it does not mean I must serve you."

He should end it there, he thought. His words were brazen but honest, and honesty was a virtue, no matter how deceitful. But, it would seem his youthful mind had ran ahead of his centurian thoughts. "You may regret this, one day." He walked away, then, small hooves soft upon the grass and tail held high in a feigned pride.

He would have liked to storm off, to take his leave to bury his nose in books on herbs and spellbinding. But such was not his luck; his path was blocked by as dainty creature painted with pearl and laden with mint-tinted scales. Kaladin aimed his dagger-like gaze at the stranger, mind too tangled up in emotions to control the temper that boiled within him like a gathering storm. Still, the boy's words caught him unawares - they were kind and curious, not judgmental as he had expected. Adding insult to injury, the speech was graced by a disarming grin - one Kaladin could only wish he was capable of.

His fury came out in a grumbling sigh, as if his body was attempting to expel the building tension. He glanced the smaller newcomer up and down, then cocked his head. Teach him? Me? What is this, preschool? Yet,
the idea was flattering somehow - it was a step towards his coveted pedestal. And what was a teacher but a god to his student? The thought gave him purpose, a purpose beyond wallowing in self-pity in his quarters and filling his nose with the smell of medicinal herbs as he sought the cure for his mortality.

"Very well." He muttered. "I could teach you a bit - but do not expect it to be easy." The next words piqued his interest, and he found himself seeking through his memories - sifting through eons to find the recent events that had cursed him. In these thoughts he found her - the star-laden woman, wading through the swamp with golden coins in her grasp. Interest crept into his eyes. "I believe I know of whom you speak. I would like to find her as well - perhaps this could be a useful endeavor to us both."

The boy took off, just like that, an eager bounce in his step hinting at youthful energy - true youth, not the false banner that Kaladin had been forced to wear. When the youth looked back, Kaladin could not help but roll his eyes. "Yes, because everyone wants to come visit thundering idiots like you and me." But the words were amicable - his previous vengeful rage swept away by the younger child's infectious smile.

@Kasil @Pan
code by avis

Messages In This Thread
[MEETING] THE FIRST DAWN - by Kasil - 07-14-2017, 12:40 PM
RE: [MEETING] THE FIRST DAWN - by Nimue - 07-14-2017, 10:12 PM
RE: [MEETING] THE FIRST DAWN - by Martin - 07-15-2017, 07:58 PM
RE: [MEETING] THE FIRST DAWN - by Charlemagne - 07-15-2017, 09:10 PM
RE: [MEETING] THE FIRST DAWN - by Pan - 07-16-2017, 01:06 PM
RE: [MEETING] THE FIRST DAWN - by Ipomoea - 07-16-2017, 12:53 PM
RE: [MEETING] THE FIRST DAWN - by Kasil - 08-09-2017, 12:51 PM
RE: [MEETING] THE FIRST DAWN - by Nimue - 08-11-2017, 07:22 AM
RE: [MEETING] THE FIRST DAWN - by Pan - 08-12-2017, 12:57 AM