Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - with all my heart.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rannveig

Have a seat in the foyer, take a number
i was lightning before the thunder
For all of the discrimination she faced for being a filly heir, she knew love. Her parents loved her as much as they would have any other child; they cared for her and taught her all sorts of family mannerisms. She learned what loyalty meant, that sacrifice came with the territory. Her Court's people treated her with kindness and respect, they an extension of herself if she were to one day rule. She knew about hard work and dedication for not only others but herself--it was ultimately for her own well being that she resigned herself to living out those years in Jarl. And even they, those of the warrior clan, showed her what it was to be strong outside of a physical prowess. It was as much of mind as it was of body to be given the honor of being 'loved.'

And still, through the years of growing up and seeing every facet of compassion in Hiemsterra, she had never felt anything like this before.

No one had broken off a piece of her heart as much as Máni had.

They stood together again after seasons apart, and she hadn't exactly realized the effect he had on her when he was there. She was a softer creature, reminded that with every strong blow came a kiss of comfort; he reassured her that even if the hushed lullaby claimed the lands of Dusk there was still life in their reach. For as much of a child of harshness as she was, he remained the embodiment of all she loved in the Court.

Her decision to pass along the role of Regent to him might have been a rather rash choice, but she hoped her members of Dusk would accept it as rational. There had been none other before their time of being a Court once again who showed their support and given themselves to the people as he had. So when he confessed his gratitude she said nothing in return, seeing it has being the only thing she would have considered anyway. She knew he meant what he said--if anyone would be there for her and her court, it would be him.

Their discussion led into the status of the bird Máni carried, and Rann only shifted her stance with a slight flick of her tail in what could indicated annoyance as they shared some secret language with each other. In all the years before her time and even after those of her birth, never had companionship been seen in Veteris. Their gods disapproved of such a connection; they saw it as a sever in their freedom, a removal of the ability to make one's own decisions. She had steeled herself away from the idea of ever bonding with another in such a way, and she would never herself have what Máni found.

But she was not jealous, instead unfamiliar with the process of bonding and what it now meant for them. The feeling made her uncomfortable, for if she didn't know how to act or what to make of her own emotions, how was she to follow the proper path set before her as Sovereign?

She brushed off the words he said, not committing the bird's name to memory or taking his supposed role as 'guard' to heart. Once Vidar was out of earshot, she spoke. "We are guards to us, Máni. How is a bird a reliable source of protection?" Her tone remained a calm brush of winter's hand, but her gaze turned hard. She had an entire court at her back to keep safe, and she wasn't going to put her faith in a raven. "Do not let him take your sight on the importance. We have a promise to Vespera to make her Court thrive, and it cannot be done if even one member is threatened." And perhaps it was toward the last of her sentence that she began to trail off, sight far away from them and a mind that fell prey to too many things at once.

A sigh slipped between her lips and she brought herself back against the warmth of him, pushing her face into the brush of his mane. Despite it all, no matter how she felt about personal things, she whispered to him all the same, "It is good you are back."
CREDITS

@Máni

Messages In This Thread
with all my heart. - by Máni - 07-17-2017, 02:11 PM
RE: with all my heart. - by Rannveig - 07-25-2017, 09:22 PM
RE: with all my heart. - by Máni - 07-25-2017, 10:05 PM
RE: with all my heart. - by Rannveig - 08-09-2017, 12:52 PM
RE: with all my heart. - by Máni - 08-12-2017, 02:53 PM