Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - rather a girl with a flower than a boy with a stick

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Reichenbach

ON RAGLAN ROAD ON AN AUTUMN DAY
I SAW HIM FIRST AND KNEW
THAT HIS DARK HAIR WOULD WEAVE A SNARE
THAT I MIGHT ONE DAY RUE

“You will always find night following dusk,”

His great heart stirs at the words, clammy at how prophetic that sentence sounded - would he always be lost to her whims, following her across the vast world? His silver gaze dropped to that ancient knife that hung silently about her delicate neck, proof that she was not all petals and gentle hands. Her laugh had his gaze shifting quickly to her lips and then to her vivid eyes, so bright and alive that he could feel his own lips curling upward in a hearty grin, something a little more off-kilter and wild than usual. 

The Night King gets lost in her dance, never certain where to lay his gaze but knowing wholeheartedly that he didn't want to leave an inch of skin untouched - the graze of her feathered wings was close to torturous, a gentle sting that left invisible welts across his mahogany skin. He'd forgotten to breathe, still couldn't think to do so when she was so close. Her breath brushed his lips and he licked them, staring at her all the while. He was lost completely, burning up at her proximity, the smell of her. 

Each word that fell from her clandestine lips was a sonnet, tangling in his wild hair and whispering in his ear. In the tumultuous storm within him it was hard to understand what each word meant until:

“Tell me how to be free of your kingdom’s thrall... or am I always supposed to love the chasing night?"

The dream half shattered, though with each strong pump of blood around his body he felt the need to get on his knees and beg her not to fight Calligo's call, not to fight this. Alas, he could not ask her to come with him, couldn't beg her or chain her to him, to force her to join his court... It would end in heartbreak and bad blood. Of all things, he could not live if she looked at him through cold eyes, resentful eyes. 

He breathed her in, answering just as quietly;

"The night will always chase the dusk... You know that as well as I."

Reichenbach shifted, breaking her stare with heartbreaking slowness as he looked to Calligo's shrine. Had he been just a warrior, like before, there would have been no question. He would have asked her to join him on the road - leave the Courts, leave the distinction between them like dust on the road. Leave, now, together. For the first time Reichenbach felt his position as a shackle, tying him to Denocte and his people, his responsibilities. 

"I cannot change the world, Flora -" he pressed even closer, their bodies touching intimately "but.. if you ask me to stop.."

He left the sentence hanging, flushing with warmth and sweetness despite the chill touch of his proposal. Would it be better? If they avoided one another? If his sweet Dusk girl found someone else to set her heart afire?

ON GRAFTON STREET IN NOVEMBER
WE TRIPPED LIGHTLY ALONG THE LEDGE
OF A DEEP RAVINE WHERE CAN BE SEEN
THE WORTH OF PASSIONS PLEDGED
@Florentine !! ahhh he just flows so well with Flo! 
I'm gonna pm you some ideas haha

Messages In This Thread
RE: rather a girl with a flower than a boy with a stick - by Reichenbach - 08-01-2017, 01:23 AM
RE: rather a girl with a flower than a boy with a stick - by Reichenbach - 08-17-2017, 08:42 PM
RE: rather a girl with a flower than a boy with a stick - by Reichenbach - 08-24-2017, 02:38 AM