Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - we have nowhere to hide

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

I wander on from my meeting with Weir, my mind fuzzy and definitely not working properly. These feelings are strange to me but not unknown. Have you told her how you feel? Damaris's voice enters my mind and my ears swivel back to hear her approaching. Her paws are soft in the grass, but I know her sounds, her scent. I don't know how I feel. I reply gruffly. As if somehow I don't know what she means. But in truth, I don't know how I feel. I've just met the mare after all.. and she's so... squishy. What if she makes me go soft? Damaris misreads my anxiety as fear of showing emotion. I think you do. She says in a sing-song voice, but doesn't push the subject.

Our silent (or mostly silent) musings are interrupted by the sight of a spotted mare.. wings located behind her ears..! Haven't I seen that before..? She flaps them furiously and I wonder if she's trying to fly with them. I can't possibly imagine that working. It just doesn't make any sense! Damaris hums in agreement. A even stranger looking creature approaches her, and seems to voice that very thought. He's much bigger than I, pale, with strangely shaped and colored horns (I think they're horns?) upon his head. I'm approaching from his rear, so I don't notice if there's anything ELSE strange about him.

Both of them seem largely at peace, relaxing by the creek (or.. IN the creek). Before I can say anything, Damaris trots up and past me, announcing herself with a bark and a wagging tail. She jumps into the creek and splashes around as well. Ha! I'm surprised to see her so lively and relaxed. She's always been more cautious and reserved than I. It's good to let loose now and then, don't you think? Her voice chimes. Both of us are so much happier since being reunited. I can't complain that my companion feels like enjoying life! Though as I pull up close to the stallion, I wonder if the others will feel the same. "Damaris is harmless." I say pleasantly to the two of them.. which is MOSTLY true.

WC: 364
Tag: @Araxes

Rosti thoughts | Rosti speech | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
we have nowhere to hide - by Araxes - 07-23-2017, 09:40 PM
RE: we have nowhere to hide - by Torstein - 07-23-2017, 10:54 PM
RE: we have nowhere to hide - by Rostislav - 07-24-2017, 11:06 AM
RE: we have nowhere to hide - by Araxes - 07-24-2017, 11:36 AM
RE: we have nowhere to hide - by Torstein - 08-09-2017, 09:07 PM