Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - The Darker The Sky, The Brighter The Stars

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Seree

A voice joined theirs, and while for some, such sudden sound may have been reason for fright, for a surprise, the voice was laughing, and the antlered equine felt their smile break into a wide grin at the answering call. The laughter was deep and pleasant, so very much a welcoming boom, rich and dark but holding no ill will in its depths. The equine of dark hues slowed their pace, but did not stop completely as they turned to find the source of this joyous voice, one whose depths reminded them distantly of the melting taste of some dark, sweet substance beheld in their youth as a gift from some far off land, one that was rich and spread over the tongue like a warm kiss.

Coming from the hidden places in the shadows was a stallion, a little taller than they, although they did have some height over the other, in a sense, with their crown of points. The color of the approaching man so very much reminded of the substance as well, his coat the color of that dark, sweet substance, such a wonderful match for his voice. Hooves like sugar crystals that only served to accentuate the sweet connection already formed within their mind, already bestowing a positive impression of this stranger who approached.

It helped as well that his grin was just as bright as theirs, and although neither knew a thing of the other, there was something pleasant in the atmosphere between the two. Not delicate and light, for emotion was no fickle matter. 'Twas an atmosphere that was thick, but was not suffocating, only the soft weight of some shared willingness to laugh because life was worth the smile, a presence that was felt but only in the way as a thick blanket, soft and familiar in its comfort. Decadent and homely.

"Lo Stranger!"

He seemed to bear no ill will in his voice, his greeting truthful but not seeming to pass judgement in its words. They were strangers, yes, but there was nothing wrong with that, it was only the truth.

The antlered equine met his gaze without fear, smile crinkling their own emerald gaze deeply as it met that of liquid silver with no meaning for disrespect, only the gaze of an equal greeting another. Greeting a friend. A friend unknown, but a friend nonetheless. For only a friend would join the laughter that was only meant to revel in the extraordinary feeling of life without fear, without hesitation for why the strange equine was laughing at nothing, for it was not nothing. It was the most extraordinary reason to laugh above all.

And it seemed their friend understood. But ah, was it not good to know the name of one's friend?

Their eyes slid shut for a moment, smile never fading as they bowed their head ever so in greeting, before opening once more as words flowed from their lips.

"Lo indeed! But I find that I would much prefer my name to such a prestigious title as 'Stranger', and as I say that my name is Seree, Seree Quyi, born to Day Court but wandering in search of a home far more suited to my, ah..."

They cast a momentary gaze over their shoulder, looking at their body of dark hues and skin, before returning their gaze with a glimmer of laughter in their eyes.

"Climate preferences one might say, I believe that with my words the title of 'Stranger' now falls to you! Might I know the name of whom I speak to?"

It was all said with a smile, a light, teasing tone interjecting their words every now and then. Not disrespectful, but not overly casual. Simply a greeting without formality, meant not to introduce two individuals unknown to the other in a manner befitting of politics, but in a manner of a simple greeting, a greeting from one who held no ill will to power and hierarchy, but who lived unburdened by such care for it.

A greeting meant to be friendly.

@Reichenbach

OOC: Ah, thanks! 'Twas actually made for me by a friend, but was winter-themed and for whatever reason I decided to do some editing and make seasonal ones. But thanks, I was super excited to get a moving table! :D

Messages In This Thread
The Darker The Sky, The Brighter The Stars - by Seree - 07-25-2017, 12:42 PM
RE: The Darker The Sky, The Brighter The Stars - by Reichenbach - 07-28-2017, 01:08 AM
RE: The Darker The Sky, The Brighter The Stars - by Seree - 07-30-2017, 04:12 PM
RE: The Darker The Sky, The Brighter The Stars - by Reichenbach - 08-01-2017, 12:30 AM
RE: The Darker The Sky, The Brighter The Stars - by Seree - 09-15-2017, 09:05 PM