Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - house of memories.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Araxes

ARAXES
tender heart

Araxes' ears went back at the slight mention of how she caught herself on fire. "No!" It was a quick response, and her wings ruffled in a slight annoyance, before it fizzled out just as fast and she released a long held sigh, slumping her shoulders just a little. "A ball of lightning struck close to me," she explained, and she wrinkled her nose just a little. At least the scent was already fading, though the pins and needles still prickled at her skin and nerves, and she shifted on her hooves.

What she didn't expect was an invitation to be near him, but there was a grateful look in her eyes as she managed to shuffle away from the cold rock, carefully allowing herself to lay down with him. He radiated a heat that she immediately closed her eyes to, letting a hum slip from her lips and her legs to curl. The injured one rested a little awkwardly, less bent than the other, and a patch of hair was missing, but at least while she was laying down she didn't have to really favor it so much.

Warmth bloomed over her, and her wings attempted to hide her shame, which was really just a small shuffle of wet feathers as her head ducked and she cleared her throat. "I.. yes. It was me," she started, and glanced up, her eyes opening as she gave a sheepish sort of smile. "Though I didn't scream until after the lightning ball." She gave a pause, and looked up toward the mouth of the cave, feeling far more secure with someone in there with her.

"Before I came here and became part of the Night Court, I lived in a land where storms were... destructive. Entire chunks of the lands could be rearranged by the storms, and I know.. here, they're not bad. It's been two years but I still have the fear in the back of my mind that a storm will come some day and sunder the land with a heavy blow." She was surprisingly well worded, though it wasn't often she indulged in the company to do so, and a small smile lifted on one side of her mouth. "I guess it's just a fear that will always stick with me. I've seen herds torn apart by wind alone, and I've seen places go up in to flames. The land crack under hooves. It was a violent time when the storms came back then." Terrifying, though the storms were not frequent, which was a lucky thing.

Pausing, she tilted her head, looking at the large male and observing him for a moment. "..do you like storms?" It was more a soft whisper, and she looked back to the mouth of the cave, the warmth coming from Torstein making her shuffle just a little closer to him, to enjoy how it felt.

He must like them, if he was simply laying in a cave looking almost half asleep.

@Torstein the (warm,cuddly) grump

Messages In This Thread
house of memories. - by Araxes - 08-02-2017, 12:32 AM
RE: house of memories. - by Torstein - 08-09-2017, 11:30 PM
RE: house of memories. - by Araxes - 08-09-2017, 11:51 PM
RE: house of memories. - by Torstein - 08-10-2017, 12:24 AM
RE: house of memories. - by Araxes - 08-10-2017, 12:54 AM
RE: house of memories. - by Torstein - 08-15-2017, 05:02 PM
RE: house of memories. - by Araxes - 08-15-2017, 07:55 PM
RE: house of memories. - by Torstein - 08-22-2017, 02:20 AM
RE: house of memories. - by Araxes - 08-22-2017, 11:09 AM
RE: house of memories. - by Torstein - 08-31-2017, 02:44 AM