Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Move on through the evening light

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

I walk through the last bits of darkness on this summer's morning. I am a shadow in the darkness, while the neon green necklace around Damaris's neck practically illuminated the way. It's just the pair of us, and the nocturnal animals that are scurrying to their burrows, looking for their beds before the sun rises. My hooves walk the shoreline, and I ponder to myself how many times I've found myself at the Vitreus Lake, and why it is that I seem drawn to it. Denocte is a huge land and yet here I am again. Call it a patrol, call it meandering. The dew of the morning tickles my feathers, dampening them and my striped hooves as I stroll by the lakeside. Damaris wanders ahead, sniffing for breakfast I'd assume, though I haven't bothered to ask.

Look sharp - there's someone out in the water. I peer out ahead on the water, but my eyes are not as keen as Damaris's, and I only see darkness. Look for where the water does not reflect.. do you see now? He's moving out of the water onto the shore. She's not aggravated by my comparatively poor sight, and she's patient in trying to point out the stranger. As the winged creature steps from the water, my eyes latch on to the movement. The sun finally begins to crest on the horizon, casting the first rays of morning on all of us, and the deep black and stark white of the creature take form.

Damaris lets me take the lead, and I pick up a lazy trot to go greet the stranger. He's unfamiliar (I'd remember such a contrasting picture like his), and so he's either an intruder (visitor, to use kinder words) or someone new wishing to call this place home. Twenty feet away I halt, nares flaring with a snort, then inhale to take in the strange male scent. "Greetings, Comrade. What brings you to Denocte? I have not seen you before." Let the strangely marked creature introduce himself first, for he is the foreigner here, not I.

WC: 347
Tag: @Polunin

Rosti thoughts | "Rosti speech" | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
Move on through the evening light - by Polunin - 08-03-2017, 02:01 PM
RE: Move on through the evening light - by Rostislav - 08-04-2017, 09:27 AM
RE: Move on through the evening light - by Seree - 08-04-2017, 02:18 PM
RE: Move on through the evening light - by Rorschach - 08-12-2017, 01:33 PM
RE: Move on through the evening light - by Polunin - 08-14-2017, 07:02 AM