Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - The journey begins...

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Pan

Pan was immediately impressed by Flora’s Yana.  In his mind, he’d painted a picture of a hedgewitch, buried deep away from society, brewing some concoction and stirring up some magical spell.  Perhaps she could cast a sleeping draught on an entire village, freezing them in time until the spell could be broken.  Or maybe she could turn frogs into her minions, or cast eternal winter on her enemies.  The ideas that poured through Pan’s mind were enough to draw a boyish grin to his lips… and as Yana greeted them, his imagination raced.  Far from waning, he was drawn to even more intrigue by the dark creature of the swamp.

I’m Pan!  He offered his name easily and without hesitation, the words bouncing joyfully from the eager colt’s lips, in a way that seemed uncharacteristic of the dark and ominous swamp.  Flora’s bestest best friend… I’ve known her since she was just a baby… and I knew her mom before that.  It was a strange thought, looking at them, for it was clear now that Flora was older than the scaled boy Pan (or at least their looks alone would suggest it)… but Pan was a timeless thing, cursed forever by the mantle of youth.  

I came from the Dawn Court.  We’re your neighbors, to the North I think.  And Flora told me that you were the greatest healer there is…  Nevermind that he may have embellished that thought, but it sounded good, and Pan truly believed it.  Our Sovereign Kasil wants me to find a path in the herd, and I think I might want to be a healer too… we were wondering if maybe you could teach me some of what you know – about the plants, and helping people… I promise I’m a good student.

And he was, for Pan was an inquisitive creature, with an insatiable thirst for knowledge.  If he were honest with himself, he was probably best suited to be a sage… but it was difficult for Pan to imagine being a sage in a sea of other sages.  Delumine was known for intellect, and their land had far more sages than they needed.  Since war was not his flavor, that left healing… and it sounded like a good idea from where Pan was standing.  His eyes were bright and hopeful as they locked onto the dark mare’s pleading almost for her to take up his cause.  But still too, there is a niggling in his mind… for he wondered about what favor she might be asking of Florentine.  

Pan
Dawn Court
character © Firefly; html by castlegraphics; image by alexlibby

@Florentine, @Yana

ooc:  Sorry for the delay - it's been a crazy couple of weeks with traveling and my pregnancy -- will try to be more active <3

Messages In This Thread
The journey begins... - by Pan - 08-13-2017, 12:37 PM
RE: The journey begins... - by Florentine - 08-16-2017, 07:43 AM
RE: The journey begins... - by Yana - 09-08-2017, 09:46 PM
RE: The journey begins... - by Pan - 09-19-2017, 11:34 AM
RE: The journey begins... - by Florentine - 09-24-2017, 12:16 PM
RE: The journey begins... - by Yana - 10-23-2017, 09:14 PM
RE: The journey begins... - by Pan - 10-29-2017, 02:32 AM
RE: The journey begins... - by Florentine - 11-05-2017, 08:44 AM