Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - The journey begins...

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Pan

Pan was so curious about the starry mare.  She seemed a conundrum to him – like some cross between a witchy fairy-godmother, and… well… a witch.  While at first, she’d appeared a bit thorny, it was clear that his charm was doing its tricks on her, and he was pleased to see her coming around – for there was little Pan wanted more at this time than to learn to be a healer.  After all, King Kasil had given him a job, to find his place in the world.  Pan needed to have a job, and he wanted to be a healer so that he could help others.  While it was true that the Dawn Court could probably use more warriors than anything else, Pan knew he didn’t have it in him to hurt another.

Flora’s mom is Karou – one of my oldest friends.  We met in Eirhelm… that was one of my first homes.  Then, we went to a new place after we fell through the sky, called the Rift  And that’s where Karou met Gabriel, Flora’s dad… and, well you know – they made a baby!  Pan wasn’t sure exactly how baby-making worked, but he remembered the way it felt to press his muzzle against the antelope mare’s belly and feel the movement.  And, he’d met Flora even before she was born, when she had time traveled to find him.  It was all very far fetched and confusing to an outsider.  But he and the flower mare knew the truth about all of it, and he’d promised long ago not to tell Flora’s secret about the rift tide and the dagger.  Adding the time traveler to the immortal boy, you had quite the conundrum of time.  

We have lots of plants where I live!  He changed topics as if it wasn’t weird at all, easily perking up at the thought of being helpful.  And I brought a book that I found in the library…  Rummaging through his satchel, he drew out a delicate bird skull, a shimmering fish scale, and a jagged-edged mushroom before finding it.  Here!  The book was old, with yellowing pages and scarred lines on the cover, but within its pages was a handwritten journal that talked of the plants around his home.  I haven’t read the whole thing, but I found some of these already… see?  He flipped the book open toward a technically drawn picture of Culver’s Root, drawing a wilting flower to match it from his bag.  Ever grateful for learning to read, he looked up from the pages with puppy-dog eyes at Yana, and back at his bestest-friend Flora, wondering what came next.

Pan
Dawn Court
character © Firefly; html by castlegraphics; image by alexlibby

@Yana, @Florentine

Messages In This Thread
The journey begins... - by Pan - 08-13-2017, 12:37 PM
RE: The journey begins... - by Florentine - 08-16-2017, 07:43 AM
RE: The journey begins... - by Yana - 09-08-2017, 09:46 PM
RE: The journey begins... - by Pan - 09-19-2017, 11:34 AM
RE: The journey begins... - by Florentine - 09-24-2017, 12:16 PM
RE: The journey begins... - by Yana - 10-23-2017, 09:14 PM
RE: The journey begins... - by Pan - 10-29-2017, 02:32 AM