Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - SHE

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Damascus

SO MUCH BRAVER THAN OUR PRESENT LIFE
A GOLDEN FACTORY OF LIGHT

"But 'Mascus, she will SEE you!" the bat-eared mouse squeaked into the colt's brain, legs of a kangaroo pounding upon the teenager's skull as he waded through the mangroves in search of his one and only. 
"Know I Dohv, keeping secret I be doing" Damascus assured the jerboa verbally as always, never deigning to speak into the mind of his companion as his companion always did to him. To be honest, Damascus truly had no idea how to speak into the mind of Dohv and so his speach to the tiny animal always came through his muddled mouth. "silence be myself, no hears can ear a footsteps of me"

Damascus had never had a crush before, he'd never even felt his heart stop in the presence of another - not like it had when he first beheld Yana. She was starlit, star kissed, star born; everything Damascus had flown a million miles just to admire, and ye, here among this mere earth she stood and breathed and bled! Oh, Yana was a supernova, an aurora borealis, a roaring comet and a burning sun. Would she truly glitter in the moonlight or burn like alkaline? A fire of ice

These were the questions Damascus had set out on this breathless night to answer, one without wind or even the slightest jitter in the thicket. The swamp smoke and foul smells smelled sweeter than they did yesterday now that he heard that she was here.
Creeping over leaf and twig the enormous colt, one who was soon to be a stallion in the way of years, Damascus searched for her. 

All he wished for was one glimpse of her.

AND YOU'LL LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO CATCH ITS BEAMS

i thought damascus and yana could use a private thread seeing as he fell in love with her at first sight HAHAHA
@Yana

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Yana

YANA the CHAMPION OF HEALING
& SELF-PROCLAIMED SWAMPWITCH

She trails her curious gaze after the monolithic beast traipsing through the swamp. Her swamp, though she still refuses to utter the words aloud. To speak the words is to admit to her claim of the land of murky water and ashen tree, and she is not prepared to make that mistake again. She will guard her domain like the etched black pillar watching over it before her: silent, stoic, steady. At least until I've discovered your purpose. Her starry shoulder leans into the obelisk as one may seek support from a friend; the witch's black flesh does not flinch at its touch. I'll have to put forth the brunt of the effort until then. With the canopy of willow, aspen and ash to cast shadows against her midnight hide, the little witch is free to muse over the intentions of her guest.

A midnight stroll amongst the stars? Allowing herself a chance to free her stare from his dark form she quickly glances up at the aforementioned canopy of densely woven branches. But there is no sea of stars to look upon here. Her gaze is as cool as the pillar's smooth surface whilst she watches the child-man splash through stagnant pools of green water. Why bother having wings if you do not seek to use them? For such a lanky creature he bodes quite well amidst the treacherous pools -- the witch has rescued many an adventurous colt who fell into a bog deeper than it seemed -- but the same cannot be admitted regarding his use of stealth. Be it the length of limb or the addition of (remarkably peculiar) golden appendages, the lad is at a disadvantage when it comes to tiptoeing through the witch's territory.

Rather than allow the warrior to continue with his secretive plot, the hag calls out to him from her position amongst the shadows, "I believe warriors are meant for greater things than skulking about, don't you?" Her tone is both heavy and light: a confusing mixture of amusement at his covert operation and scorn for his lack of consideration. The majority of the Dusk Court have come to associate the swamp with their resident witch and Champion; why is it that Damascus feels obligated to approach her for services in secret? "If you've something that ails you there's no need for that. Come closer; I'll need a better look at you."

@Damascus

space