Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - The Fire at the Edge of Night

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morpho

MORPHO

In the breaking dawn, Morpho’s spots began to fade to a duller shade of gold, though her eyes held a brightness as she watched the tusked male turn and watch her.  For the briefest of moments, there is a silent exchange between them, each caught in the moment of stalking a stranger… but before a blush can steal away her color, Morozko breaks the quiet that had fallen between them.  She turns, not flinching at the sound, but finding the dappled male and putting a face to the voice.  As Arion responds, a quiet laugh catches at her throat – for she can sympathize with the beast – though the difference for Morpho is that her thoughts were far too dark and all-encompassing.  Any distraction was a welcome one, and she relaxes some in the presence of both males, content for the moment that they meant her no harm.

”Hello.”  She says after a pause, regarding one male and then the second, stepping back a pace to form something of a circle, allowing Morozko to step closer.  Her breath was sheer in the cold morning, and the silver male seemed to bring more of a chill with him (if such a thing were possible).  But she shakes off the thought of winter that plague her, blinking toward the rising sun as the skies begin to paint with shades of pink and gold.  ”Forgive me for interrupting your morning.  I find the nights grow long, and I grow restless more often than not.”  Nevermind that the nightmares would keep her from ever truly finding peace as she sleeps.  Here, in the presence of others, she felt more at peace than at rest with the demons of her mind.

”I’m not sure that we’ve met.  I am Morpho, Sage of the Dusk Court.”  It seemed strange to introduce herself using a title, for Morpho hadn’t really made much of an impression on this place yet.  Instead, the black and gold mare had strayed from the others, taking solace in the quiet.  This was a place that gave her peace.  

She wanted to know more – to ask a thousand questions of the pair.  Where had they come from?  What stories did they have to tell?  But still, the mare knew that these questions would birth more in kind.  And while she wanted to know, she wasn’t sure that she was willing to share her own past.  ”I apologize for staring.  From afar, I could only see your shadow – your tusks in the darkness.”  She laughed nervously for a beat, before composing herself.  ”I must admit… my imagination got the best of me for a few moments.”

ooc:  apologies, still feeling out the new character.  She’s intrigued though :)

html by space

@Arion, @Morozko

Messages In This Thread
The Fire at the Edge of Night - by Arion - 08-16-2017, 04:30 PM
RE: The Fire at the Edge of Night - by Morpho - 08-20-2017, 04:40 AM
RE: The Fire at the Edge of Night - by Morozko - 08-24-2017, 11:18 AM
RE: The Fire at the Edge of Night - by Arion - 08-24-2017, 03:20 PM
RE: The Fire at the Edge of Night - by Morpho - 08-27-2017, 11:48 AM
RE: The Fire at the Edge of Night - by Weir - 09-03-2017, 07:57 PM
RE: The Fire at the Edge of Night - by Morpho - 10-23-2017, 04:39 AM