Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - This Way, or That Way?

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 82 — Threads: 5
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

and all their words for glory

well they always sounded empty
When Somnus had invited me for a morning stroll, I had expected to stick to the rolling hills of Delumine and wander its ancient forests as well as its endless, blooming meadows, all the while taking the time to catch up with him and learn more of the things he’d been doing. In the beginning, I suppose we had done just that, allowing our feet to guide us as they pleased as our lips spoke in pleasant conversation, but sooner or later we found ourselves standing at the threshold of something rather… strange, and well, to put things simply, unexpected.

We stand there in mutual silence for some time, our prior conversation coming to an abrupt end and lost to memory as we take in the grandeur of what lies before us. It’s a maze, towering high above as though it is home to some gargantuan beast, but it fails to give off a distinct feeling of foreboding danger. Still, its existence and purpose proves to be baffling to say the least, and for curious minds and intrepid souls alike, the thought of what lies beyond the vegetative walls is too much to ignore. It begs to be explored, its mystery solved.

And if I had learned anything of Somnus during my year in Vhallen, it’s that he’ll go mad if he doesn’t at least check it out.
Tipping my nose towards him in a sidelong glance, bumping a velveteen, whiskered muzzle against Somnus’ own in a simple sign of comradery, dark lips quirk upwards in an ebullient grin. “Honestly, I would’ve been disappointed if you didn’t ask.”

Shifting the weight of useless wings upon my back, I continue forward not in front of nor behind my friend, but rather beside him, and surpass the wide berth of the maze’s entrance.

ooc;; I apologize in advance if I switch POV's at some point in the thread! Still trying to figure out what works best for him!

HISTORY HAS ITS EYES ON YOU

all contact is permitted and encouraged

Messages In This Thread
This Way, or That Way? - by Somnus - 08-19-2017, 08:38 PM
RE: This Way, or That Way? - by Ulric - 08-20-2017, 05:26 PM
RE: This Way, or That Way? - by Florentine - 08-21-2017, 01:50 PM
RE: This Way, or That Way? - by Somnus - 08-24-2017, 08:59 PM
RE: This Way, or That Way? - by Ulric - 08-25-2017, 03:56 PM
RE: This Way, or That Way? - by Florentine - 08-26-2017, 12:49 PM
RE: This Way, or That Way? - by Somnus - 08-27-2017, 06:47 PM
RE: This Way, or That Way? - by Ulric - 08-28-2017, 08:13 PM
RE: This Way, or That Way? - by Florentine - 08-29-2017, 10:20 AM