Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Stardust

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ipomoea

It had been the restless thoughts occupying his mind that had sent him south, past fields and forests alike. His legs had already seemed to know the way, muscle memory taking over while his mind turned over and over, quite oblivious to his surroundings. Lush grass had given way under hoof to rocks and crushed shells before the sand had deepened, hooves sinking deep beneath his weight. Salt spray tugged at his mane, the deadening crash of the waves mere yards away filling his ears and adding to the white noise in the background, a background for his mind to churn against.

”My Emissary.” Kasil’s words still reverberated through his mind, the implications of the role taking some time to sink in.

Thoughts still occupied, Ipomoea’s sooty head lowered to the water lapping at his ankles in inspection. Without thinking his lips parted, a rush of seawater filling his mouth in the instant that followed. The bitter taste was enough to shock sense back into the cherry boy, his delicate frame recoiling from the foul water and spitting it out from between his lips. “Note to self, never drink from the sea…” he muttered to himself, pawing in a small act of revenge at the waves. The purposeful movement was enough to further clear his mind, the clouds rolling slowly away from his befuddled senses.

The sound of voices broke through that fog, catching his attention somewhere far off to his right. Thankful for the distraction—other people would surely be enough to keep him out of his own mind—he headed towards them immediately. The water churned and splashed around his body as he made way towards shore, foam and silt bubbling out behind him in a crude trail which slowly dissipated with the waves. He missed the pale woman’s joke, but her laugh was clear and her smile free, and Ipomoea caught up to them in the midst of it. “Hello!” he called, pulling his sodden self closer. “Beautiful day to spend by the water, is it not?”

!!!.
@Raglan @rhoswen
sorry for disappearing i’m back now, promise!

unaware of where i'm going
or if i'm going anywhere at all
but i know i'll take the leap if it is worth the fall

coding by sid
art by eldafer

Messages In This Thread
Stardust - by Raglan - 08-20-2017, 05:54 PM
RE: Stardust - by Rhoswen - 08-24-2017, 05:42 PM
RE: Stardust - by Ipomoea - 09-11-2017, 09:36 AM
RE: Stardust - by Raglan - 10-19-2017, 02:48 PM