Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Dimensions [Joining]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maude

She was simply going to let her tears discolor the earth for some time, before a voice caught her attention, much like a net catches a fish, if such a thing was positive, like this experience surely is. Suddenly, the trajectory her life had seemed to be taking (one which careened wildly through magical worlds rife with portals, and which subsequently left her alone and quite lost) veered again.

The familiarity is enough to invoke the most trace of smiles on her lips even before she recognizes them, or fully looks up from the ground. When she does behold the copper mare, once a staple image in the midst of the Edge’s herbal groves, her heart almost bursts with delight and excitement to not truly be alone, after all.

Miss Eva!” emotionally bursts the filly, her hooves carrying her forward with swift pace, as well. Though the world of the Rift had left her somewhat wary that this pretty woman was, in fact, a magical illusion, the youth’s hope that Evangeline was real was almost palpable, and the thought of how badly it would hurt if she wasn’t… well, Maude would much rather believe she was truly there. So, no sooner than she is close enough, the cremello (who has never understood personal boundaries very well) gives in to her urge to throw her nose around the older mare’s comfortable shoulders, unless Evangeline pulls away.

Her joy is short lived, as Maude has found it to be, ever since she turned one, anyway. While holding her old teacher, feeling all the emotions of having lost her in Helovia to find her here, wherever it was, as well as the additional ones of oh thank Gods, someone who knows who I am, where my roots are… flood through her, and are met with the sudden dam that is the mention of her sire.

Tears trek easily down the paths that had momentarily begun to dry; her lower lip warbles as she steps back, her nose again tucking down towards the earth as a wealth of sorrow nearly devours her.

I-I…. I don’t know!” blurts the maiden, though Evangeline’s assurances do comfort her, some, and she manages to look up at her with tear blurred, pale green eyes, “everyone was d-d-dying, so I went through the stupid portal, even though daddy hadn’t come home from his sab…sabba… sabbata ... blugh, work quest. And the Rift was awful, so I’m not totally sad I’m gone, but… everyone is there, Eva. Probably daddy too, and all my stuff. And, and - and now I’m here, wherever that is, and I don’t k-k-knooowwwww.

Her words, though clear enough up until the very last, dissolve into shuddering tears, her whole shoulders quaking with her sobs.

If you’re tossing & you’re turning,
& you just can’t fall asleep,
I’ll sing a song beside you. and if you ever forget
how much you really mean to me, every day,
I will remind you.

Art by neverrmind @ DA

@Evangeline

Messages In This Thread
Dimensions [Joining] - by Maude - 08-22-2017, 12:29 PM
RE: Dimensions [Joining] - by Evangeline - 08-22-2017, 01:07 PM
RE: Dimensions [Joining] - by Maude - 08-23-2017, 07:58 AM
RE: Dimensions [Joining] - by Damascus - 08-24-2017, 11:06 AM