Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Setting Fire To Our Insides

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Jude

Jude
Without losing a piece of me
How do I get to heaven?

Of all the schemes to concoct this has been by far one of the worst ones. Jude can feel the pang of hunger rumble in his belly and fatigue setting in to his very bones. He’s wilted, tired, and defeated after weeks spent without a proper bed or rest. Now with his cat gone he sees little reason to keep pressing onwards. Tears flow freely from his eyes and he tries to stifle them but can’t quite manage to snuff them out. As he stumbles along the rugged mountain path all he can hear is the sound of his own sniffles and sobs. Darkness starts to seep in and stars begin to dot the sky which only causes fear to set in. What if something gets hungry? A sobbing pony is an easy target for a starving predator. If he dies no one will be there to know, he will just be forgotten like vapor in the wind. All of this for the sake of infatuation and he wonders how long it’ll be before he’s dead. 

Jude stumbles underneath a tree and presses his body against the bark. If he were home he would’ve already began pouring in the substance, letting smoke consume his mind and ease the perpetual state of anxiety. Instead he’s trapped underneath a twilight sky, the shades of purple and pink moving in a tantalizing dance. Any other time he might admire the sky as the stars begin to wake as the world starts to sleep.

“I’m so stupid,” Jude whispers to himself before he slowly lets his body slide downwards into a laying position, finding the scrape of the bark against his skin a bitter reminder that he is stuck. It’ll be another night spent sleeping in the dirt, another night living like a primitive beast. The absence of everything familiar and dear just makes the tears that fall from his eyes taste even more bitter.  

"a second option."

This styling is also nice for some non-obtrusive OOC credits, wordcount or banter. Don't forget that divider up there.

@Reichenbach 
others are welcome to join but please let reichenbach post first.