Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - This grand show is eternal

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 301 — Threads: 41
Signos: 15
Inactive Character

So here they stand, two directionless boys, neither with the option of returning home. They share the same wandering heart, and Eik wonders how their paths will diverge from here. He's never encountered someone before who seemed to be in nearly the same place as himself. And how else would the two have stumbled across each other in this vast new world?

"I'm sorry," the stranger (of course that word is wrong) says, "I'm sure this isn't what you came here for."

Eik brushes off the apology with shrug and a soft sigh. "I don't know what I came here for. Maybe that was exactly it." A pause. "I suppose we'll only find direction when we stop looking for it." Isn't that the way the gods toy with mortals? You can't find a thing by looking for it, can't achieve by trying. You must simply give up, surrender to the flow of things- but you mustn't try to do so. It is a stupid game, but he can't figure out how to escape it-- except, of course, death.

The morning brightens into day. It is nothing magnificent or beautiful or even particularly special, just a new day, the same as yesterday but with the many possibilities of a different tomorrow. And sure as the sun, there is a slow, steady movement inside of him-- forgotten, for a time, but remembered now.

They say all good things must end but he is not sure he believes it. To accept such a thing is to relinquish mastery of your own universe, and what a shame that would be. Eik turns now to Solterra with relative precision, for though he may not always know where he is, he is always quite aware of where he came from.

We dare not call it home, not yet.

Certainly the stranger feels it too, this turn of the page. They are, after all, floating on the same current, feeling the river beginning to split. "What's your name?" He asks, though it does not seem so important anymore. There is something more important here, something he feels but could never put a name to- it is carried by the undercurrent of the universe, the one that flows deeper than words.

There is a small smile, almost private. "I'm Eik. I hope we'll meet again." He believes-- he would almost say that he knows they will, but what good will it do to say so out loud? Certainly the bay can hear it in his voice, in his intonation the wink of a magician as he fretfully searches for the missing card- only to pull it from behind your ear.

He leaves hoofprints in the sand behind him.

-     -     -
There is no better way to know us
E I K
than as two wolves, come separately to a wood

ahhhh the bromance!!! <333  sorry for essentially a very lengthy exit heh, it just felt right. They of course need another thread soon!

Time makes fools of us all

Messages In This Thread
This grand show is eternal - by Eik - 08-23-2017, 05:35 PM
RE: This grand show is eternal - by Asterion - 10-23-2017, 10:45 AM
RE: This grand show is eternal - by Eik - 10-25-2017, 10:10 AM
RE: This grand show is eternal - by Asterion - 10-31-2017, 11:11 AM
RE: This grand show is eternal - by Eik - 11-06-2017, 12:10 PM
RE: This grand show is eternal - by Asterion - 11-09-2017, 12:02 PM
RE: This grand show is eternal - by Eik - 11-10-2017, 01:58 PM
RE: This grand show is eternal - by Asterion - 11-17-2017, 01:49 PM
RE: This grand show is eternal - by Eik - 11-22-2017, 01:07 PM
RE: This grand show is eternal - by Asterion - 11-25-2017, 06:34 PM