Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Wait For It

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Iliad

It wasn’t often the circumstance of his birth weighed on him, but for once he found himself pouting. His wings remain tucked at his side and his eyes shut tightly with both ears pinned against his skull, banjo resting at his side. For once there is no appeal in his pitiful dirges as he broods, spending his thoughts lost in angst of what could have been and what will never be.

“Listen..” Iliad says lifting his head and staring up towards the sky, as if the four wind mothers might hear him even in this foreign land. “I really don’t appreciate that because I’ve got a dick I’m not good enough for ya guys. Where are the wind dads? What is supposed to happen to boys like me!?” He shakes out his hair and then stares back down at the ground, for once he’s relieved Nicodemus isn’t here with him to see the typically cheerful smile lost from his face.  

mathèo
I've been running through life and cruising toward death
If you think that I'm scared you've got me wrong
If you don't know my name, you'll know it now
I belong bodily to the earth
I'm just wearing old bones from those that came first
Image Credits

Only

The tiny disturbances around him are starting to stack up in a way that he cannot-not notice all of the subtle changes his mind is making to the 'world' around him.  The more he notices it, the more frequent it begins to be.  At first it was a tree branch here and there shaking at him as if drawn to his natural gravity.  That, and sometimes the grass would be drawn to him in -what he deems to be - a suspicious way.  Only cannot figure it out - and that is because when Emrys handed the keys of evolution over to Only - it was Stephan who had grabbed them, not him.

And so, Only remains unaware although he wishes he could say it is a blissful experience to know nothing about telekinesis but he can't.

Last night he woke up in the middle of the forest neighboring the Amare Creek not knowing where he was or how he had gotten there.  All he knew (knows now) is that something terrible may have happened and it is up to him to figure out what it might have been.  

First things first, look for freshly dug soil.

Be reasonable, he tuts at himself inwardly, stopping once as he sees a dug up pile of rock and mud.  Obviously an animal had come through here looking for something that had nothing to do with him.  Only waits though, waits for some kind of sign that it belongs to him - he concentrates a little too hard on the dirt pile at his feet and that is when he sees It happening all over again.

The rocks roll from the mound when he tries to think hard about what could have possibly happened here.  Dirt vibrates apart from the wet clods it is in.  It moves like dust across the earth as it moves away from the place Only intends to look.  His knees are shaking, his body is stiff as he tenses out of nervousness.  Who or what is making this happen?  Certainly it isn't him, he is convinced that he has lost his magic for good.

Literally and figuratively.

That is when he hears a voice not too far away - the pile stops squirming with telekinesis as his attention focuses everything on the lament this other being must be going through to use such words.  Such words, he deduces, must belong to someone who is lonely or in need of counsel.  When he spies Iliad on the other side of the bushes he is reminded of Delumine with how the breeze brings all the summer flowers of trees and shrubs to his nose.  Only figures then that Iliad may have recently ventured from Delumine just as he has and takes the gamble by stepping out.

When he sees the whole of Iliad his breath escapes him in soft 'Oh...'.  The stranger - to him - is beautiful in a way that Only has never seen before, he is the exact opposite of Only who is metallic black like a snake might be. In Only's eyes - the sight of such white wings means something sort of special to him, it reminds him of Flora somehow.  Iliad - specifically - reminds him of Winter before Spring, aglow with a pale light that is so warm that not even the sun could bare to look. Flora is different in this way as well, but she is - to Only - much like a dusty autumn twilight.

"Boys like you?" Only isn't afraid to come closer, the breeze ruffles the shimmering golden hair out of his green eyes as he trains them on Iliad with curiosity. " Surely you are some kind of an angel?  Why are you complaining to the sky - isn't that your home?"

.only
thief for hire
lesser telekinesis

There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
For many are called but few are chosen.

@Iliad

Coraline

She had seen the boy before, had heard his music. It lulled her into a sense of security, which was great, as she had mostly reverted back to her fear of everything and everyone. She had disappeared again – something strange with the magic of this place that seemed to not like her; but it wasn’t going to get her down. She was exploring, hiding in the shadow where nothing could see her silver fur and eat her. You see, in the sunlight, she shone like a beacon. It was nice when there were boys you wanted to impress, but she had never had that experience, and had learned that her tarnished features (black legs, mane, tail, muzzle) were a sense of shame for her herd. That was why she was sent away as a weanling.

But enough talk about depressing matters. She heard voices nearby, and so she crept closer. She saw the stallion with the music, and stared at him through her button eyes. He seemed sad. This just wouldn’t do! But before the filly could creep even closer to him, she saw a familiar face…er…rump. Only! The filly couldn’t hide a squeal that escaped her lips as she exploded from the trees, flailing headlong toward her once-friend. Her heart did that little flip-flop thing as she neared him, trying to stop in a patch or two of mud, sending her sliding into his shoulder. She fell onto her own rump with an undignified flop and then stood up, mud dripping from her body.

”Only! I never thought I’d see you again!”

The filly rested her cheek against his shoulder for a moment before remembering the reason she had crept closer to begin with. The moping dude with the music.

”Iliad… why are you sad?”

She was still young-minded and had limited experience on things, so when the conversation turned to deeper matters, the filly usually reverted to simple speech, trying to grasp concepts she had never known. Her button eyes reflected concern for the male, not understanding that this was probably a gender-based thing. ”Will a game of tag cheer you up? It always worked for Bar….an old friend.” She still couldn’t bring herself to say his name out loud. Bartholomew. Her best friend and first true love. He had died trying to find her in a fire, and she still hadn’t forgiven herself for it. It wasn’t directly her fault, but you couldn’t convince the youth of that. Patiently, she waited for either of the boys to talk.

”Speech”

| Silver chain from the pirate siren | Blue Macaw feather in mane |
Image © Firenze Design @ Deviant Art

@Iliad @Only