Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - ~ sing me a starry lullaby

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Cassiopia

An expanse of green spread before her, the entire world on the horizon. A beautiful canvas, plastered with colors of both day and night, the sky split in half, seemingly confused. The grass tickled at the soft skin on her tinted legs as the woman moved quietly over the earth, her cloven hooves leaving no sound behind her. 

Head held high, the starry woman’s eyes focused on the distance as a warm breeze wove through her creamy locks. It was a wonder, here in the dusk court, where everything was unknown and the world hung in a constant state of pause. Upon her arrival, the lady had been utterly stunned at the appearance of the sky. Yes, of course she had seen dusk, many times, but this was different. It was incredible, every aspect of the heavens more exquisite in this place. The paused setting of the sun brought on a tranquil atmosphere that radiated throughout the lands. Everything remained calm and peaceful, the very air was kind. 
“What a spectacular place to call home,” Cassi whispered, her words a breath on a mild gale that caressed her face as it passed by.   

Velvet lips closed lightly as her opal eyes once again set upon the horizon, her fascination with the environment being stored within the depths of her mind. Nowhere else had she seen such an event, where time seemed to stand still and she could thank him for his negligence.
However, this land seemed to be almost unoccupied and she was unaware of anyone nearby. A sigh escaped her as she continued to look upon the horizon, a poem forming in her mind, as always.

Finnian

You close your eyes and the glory fades

It was indeed spectacular, the twilight hours of this place. Finnian could not recall that he ever really looked at the sky before he came here, and could not pinpoint why it was that it grasped his attention and imagination in this particular part of the world. It might, he mused, have something to do with the billowing grasslands and the seemingly endless horizon. There were no trees here to interrupt the unbroken line where sky and earth collided, no ocean to steal the glory or other features of nature that might distract from the all-encompassing beauty that arched above. There was only grass and wind and the open sky, stretching endlessly in every direction, so that a person alone on that vast sea of grass was brought to full realization of their own smallness and insignificance.

It was, he concluded, a very humbling experience to wander the Susurro at sundown, and Finnian had made a point of trying to avoid it as much as he could. Confidence was a virtue in a soldier, or so he had been told, and it seemed unwise to let himself be shaken in his convictions by the immensity of the world. His task was to protect and serve his fellow Courtiers, and for such a down-to-earth and practical task, he needed to keep a down to earth and practical mindset.

Wreathing poems under blue-fire stars and burning twilight clouds did not exactly fall under that category.

But, he had to admit that the lady was pretty enough. Finnian watched her for a while as he made his way across the plain, a good amount of distance put between them that he would not disturb her in her reveries. For a while he considered leaving her there, but a good upbringing won out - along with a keen desire to speak to her, as she really was very nice to look at - and he altered his course slightly, so that he approached her from the side.

"My pardon" he hailed once it was clear beyond doubt that he was coming towards her. He kept his voice low, as much to spare the still raspy vocal cords from strain as to avoid startling the lady, and offered her a soft smile. "Lovely evening, is it not."

It wasn't very original as far as greetings went, but sometimes you got further on platitudes than unbridled creativity.

Image Credits

@Cassiopia

Cassiopia

A kind breeze had kept her company as it caressed her bodice and played with her hair. The waning sun lit the sky on fire, the beautiful purples and pinks of the scene took her breath away. It was all so wondrous, so unusual and so unknown. This new continent in which she called home, a new land with new faces and new laws. It was all still a mystery to her and yet, here she was, doing nothing more than staring at the sunset.
A shy smile sprawled across her lips at the thought as she once more questioned the area. This was the dusk court and it was true to its name, but she was unsure and unaware of any other courts of lands. The vast tranquility of this court caused her to question if she’d even consider leaving, or if she’d stay here to live out her days. She was no longer a filly, she was a woman, a lady. Refined and graceful, she always went about with her head held high and an eye full of ambition. She wasn’t here to galavant about as a child, but to create friendships and alliances that lasted.

Suddenly, the star coated woman was pulled from her thoughts by a voice. She turned, her opal eyes searched for the source in earnest, her mind whirled in question. But, she remained calm and maintained an elegant composure. A stallion, much larger then she, stood near her with a tawny coat and an enchanting horn. It had been some time since she had seen a unicorn, but here he stood, with kindness upon his tongue and a polite disposition.
Cassiopia chuckled at his words, the very essence of them somehow amused her as she took in the irony of his statement.
“Why, hello sir,” the woman spoke, her words silken and clear.
“I do suppose this is quite a beautiful sunset and a peaceful evening, but I wonder, does it ever change here?” she asked, her question pure and honest.
This was the “dusk” court after all. Did time perhaps move and was just known for its sunsets? Or, was she right to assume that time was not welcome here and there was no one to maintain the continuation from dusk to night.
“My name is Cassiopia Nebualis and I find myself new to this continent,” the lady said, her tone polite.
“And who, may I ask sir, are you?”

OOC: Forgive me, I am so rusty. It's been a long time since I've forum rped!
@Finnian