Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - you can run if you want to

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maude

& I think to myself

Maude

The cliffs were impressive, was Maude’s first thought upon discovering them; tall and jagged, they rose from the landscape and reached out over the sea like some sort of magnificent, mountainous being, and though she was sure it would be a dangerous journey, she wanted to see what could be seen from somewhere atop them. It was, after all, the first mountain she had seen here, and, without wings, the only way she could get such a keen vantage point to look out across the land, and the sea, which she could hear, but not quite make out yet.

So, with the sky colored pink and violet, and bleeding into the lightening indigo of the dawn, the youth began her ascent of the impressive realm, and thought, all the while, of the Heavenly Steppe back home. The promise of natural beauty that was sure to take her breath away drove her on, even when she stumbled and nearly slipped down the precipice, or when her muscles began to ache and groan for relief from her relentless trek up the snaking paths. As the morning drove on, and the sun appeared, flushing the floral tones from the sky to replace them with radiant gold and blue, and sweat slipped down her flanks, the filly began to regret her impulsive decision. Perhaps, she thinks to herself, she should have chosen a smaller summit…

Yet, some few moments later, the maiden trudges out onto an open meadow, ringed with boulders, and breasting the ocean. The salty smell meets her nostrils with its usual tang, and she breathes deeply, one inhalation after another, finding renewed vigor in her step as she makes her way towards the precipice, to look out on the waves beyond.

As she does so, a great jettison of water rises up the wet stone face, startling the young doe, and sending her back onto her haunches with a girlish squeal. Dancing away from the edge of the world, her fear is replaced with laughter, which is, quite surprisingly, answered by the mirth of another.

Startled, her giggles halt promptly, replaced instead with wide, citrine eyes that pin on the female jay with only a moment’s fright. Her smile is quick to return, her nose bobbing at the mention of the wild and unexpected wave that had, seemingly, frightened them both; at least Maude hadn’t fallen from the sky, she thinks, shrugging her shoulder at the question that follows after.

"It startled me, too," she begins with a giggle, her gaze looking out over the distant, blue-gray water as she continues, "where I’m from, the cliffs are too high for the sea to reach up over them like that. It’s quite dangerous but impressive, if you ask me.

"As for where we are, I just got here, so maybe someone else is a better bet," she smiles, her pearl laden, antlered head tilted as she returns her playful eyes to the pegasus, "but I was told it is called Novus. I think this is still in the Dusk Court…"

She laughs, shrugging a pale shoulder.

"Maybe not, though," she muses aloud, "it’s pretty here, regardless."

[ OOC: has muse, so you has a Maude! she is useless for information but I think they'll get along at least. :'D ]
what a wonderful world

Image by Stephan Mignon@Flickr - Code by Me

@Cress

Messages In This Thread
you can run if you want to - by Cress - 08-28-2017, 09:58 PM
RE: you can run if you want to - by Maude - 09-05-2017, 09:18 AM
RE: you can run if you want to - by Cress - 09-07-2017, 01:01 PM
RE: you can run if you want to - by Maude - 09-08-2017, 09:34 AM
RE: you can run if you want to - by Cress - 09-13-2017, 07:02 PM
RE: you can run if you want to - by Maude - 09-18-2017, 10:56 AM
RE: you can run if you want to - by Cress - 09-30-2017, 08:33 PM
RE: you can run if you want to - by Maude - 10-02-2017, 10:34 AM