Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Worship  - To know you more

Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Pan

Pan climbed the now familiar path – up up and up, until at last he reached the peak of the mountain.  He wanted to know the gods, desperately.  Up to now, his prayers had gone largely unanswered – a thought which troubled the boy… for in his past, every time he’d been in a place with gods, he’d found a way to know them.  Here in this world, it was strange to him to follow gods that he’d never seen or heard from.  He wondered how much they cared, how much they interacted with the world they’d created.  Did they play with the mortals, setting them on paths to their own destruction and selfish desires?  Or did they simply let the cards fall where they may, watching as the story unfolded?  All of these were curious thoughts, but more curious to Pan was the god of the Dawn and what he was like.

He imagined that Oriens was a just and wise ruler, for Kasil was… and he was certain the Sovereign of the dawn court took after the god which he served.  Maybe the god was simply tired, taking a break from all the creating the world and stuff… or maybe he was watching and letting them learn from their own choices and mistakes.  That was probably most likely, especially since the scaled boy had since learned that the Dawn Court valued knowledge and learning above all else.  He was probably simply playing the role of a teacher and letting his students learn in their own ways.

Sighing as he kicked a smooth pebble across the dirt and sparse grass on the mountain top, Pan found a quiet corner to call upon his god, ignoring the others sending up their pleas and wishes to whatever gods they prayed too.  Knowing now that Oriens was their god, he decided it was best to stick with a single line of worship, for now.  

Hey Oriens, its me… Pan.  He called out to the god with a casual hopefulness that only a child could bring. I’m back again… maybe this time you have something I can do, for you – for the Dawn Court?  I want to do a quest.I want to do a quest. For the boy lived for such things – to adventure with a purpose, to bring glory to the home where he resides. A quest would prove to Kasil and the rest that he could do something useful for the Dawn Court.

His words are met with little more than a whispering wind, and as he closes his eyes, Pan imagines that the caress of the breeze against his scales was the embrace of Oriens. A quiet smile makes its way across his face as he imagines such things, daydreaming in the sunlight as his ears flick this way and that, waiting to hear the deity’s voice. He waits expectantly for a bit, sighing audibly once several moments had passed... for now, it was clear Oriens would not show once more. Dipping his head in quiet disappointment, he nods to the statue of the dawn god, before turning away from the peak and returning back to Delumine.

Pan
Dawn Court
character © Firefly; html by castlegraphics; image by alexlibby

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
sid

Staff edit*** @pan has redeemed signos for completing this worship thread!