Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Wait, they don't love you like I love you

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Jude

Jude
Without losing a piece of me
How do I get to heaven?

Some might believe the greatest moment of his life had been when he had descended from the pyre reborn, ashes falling from his skin to reveal his new body.  There was no greater moment though than the first time Isorath first smiled at him. Jude had sworn the sun shone brighter in the wake of the gesture and he had been blinded in the light of his beauty. Gods envied that prince and he knew they’d fight to even get a glimpse of him… But how long has it been since he’s seen that smile? Jude only had it for a moment before it dissipated, a blip, a mere wisp that faded. He reaches into the abyss and flounders like a blind man, trying to find that single light in the darkness but it isn’t there. Jude had waited. He had waited for Isorath until he couldn’t wait any longer. Whether it was love or infatuation that drove him he couldn’t quite place it but he couldn’t rest. There was malcontent even in the resplendence of his home, the lavish life that had been blessed after his Burning. Waiting would not restore the broken pieces of his heart, waiting would not ease the throbbing ache in his chest. Jude had gathered himself and his feline, descending from the city and to the docks. It was madness. It was foolhardy with a certainty to fail but he had to believe there was a chance for him. If it was meant to be he would find her… he would find Isorath and he would look upon that smile that can eclipse the sun and maddened it with envy. 

In his quiet cabin he fell asleep to lullabies of drunken sailors and the crooning of the waves against the ship. Tucked in the darkness of underneath the deck he prayed to whatever fragment of the universe that would listen he’d find his prince and gaze upon her again. Mittens fed on nothing but the rats found in the ship and the journey became a maddening blur as fever set in and Jude fell ill. Sheer willpower kept him from death’s hand and reaching shore did little to help him regain the strength in his limbs.
The tireless road only seemed to rub his heart raw and it would bleed out. Fear settled in and it became a crippling vice as he stumbled aimlessly wondering when he finally would cave to the longing for home and the sequestered quiet of his home. Jude had missed his garden. He had missed the sound of the pond as he lazed by it in the morning light, spending his hours painting and dozing.

Now he is tired. He lays at the peak and stares down at the rocking ocean as it beats against the rocks. Mittens was gone. Their bond severed by a veil and viciously torn apart leaving him alone.

“I want to go home,” Jude whispers as the tears form in his eyes and begin to pour down his cheeks and he let his head fall, the strands of pink falling into his face to disguise the pools of tears that fall from his face. There is no stopping them as the flood gates open  “I want to see him.. I want my cat.. I want to not lie in a pile of dirt as a bed.” He sniffs and then lays his head down into the grass and pools of pink rest down.  “I want to see him..” He whispers again to himself before feeling a soft sob hit his body and again he sniffs. For once the silence and the loneliness is a welcome thing because his tears will be his own and no one can mock him for his yearning.  

"a second option."

This styling is also nice for some non-obtrusive OOC credits, wordcount or banter. Don't forget that divider up there.

Messages In This Thread
Wait, they don't love you like I love you - by Jude - 09-05-2017, 12:38 AM
RE: Wait, they don't love you like I love you - by Isorath - 09-05-2017, 01:46 AM
RE: Wait, they don't love you like I love you - by Jude - 09-05-2017, 02:48 AM
RE: Wait, they don't love you like I love you - by Isorath - 09-05-2017, 03:56 AM
RE: Wait, they don't love you like I love you - by Jude - 09-05-2017, 04:40 PM
RE: Wait, they don't love you like I love you - by Isorath - 09-08-2017, 10:56 AM
RE: Wait, they don't love you like I love you - by Jude - 09-19-2017, 03:44 PM