Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Wait, they don't love you like I love you

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Isorath

I S O R A T H
THE LONE WOLF DIES // THE PACK SURVIVES

There's a ripple of relief as Jude accepted his embrace, a flock of small birds taking flight from their ribcage perch within his chest. The whole notion is still registering that the other is really here, that he had voluntarily left their homeland, forsaken his gardens and his paintings. Left the comfort and safety of everything they had ever known. His wings wrapped further around the small form within them, seeking to press the kirin closer to him and shield him from the world at the same time. The world outside of Vectaeryn was cruel, unfair and at it's very root, primitive in comparison.

It didn't deserve their presence, and it certainly didn't deserve Jude's delicate, kind soul and the warmth it radiated.

Jude's words surprised him, replying them over and over in his head. There's not displeasure on his scaled features, just surprise. "Needed ...to see me?" Was he worth so much? Beneath all the expensive trappings and the vicious words, insecurity writhed like serpents beneath his skin. Lavender pools glancing into the depths of emerald framed by pink, silent as he regarded the flightless kirin for just a moment longer. Until a smile managed to curl it's way upon his lips, a ghost of it's former brilliance, but it was there. A small ember ready to be stoked into a flame once more. "I'm glad you came." He admitted, far quieter than his last words, as if admitting it was a weakness someone unseen would take advantage of.

If anyone else would of told him Jude had taken a boat, he would of laughed. It was reckless, foolish. The smoking sea was perilous, and the wailing mountains unforgiving. The danger far outweighed the promise of anything good. What if Jude hadn't found him? or the Merchants had been less than kind? He listened intently as Jude explained, his features morphing into new concern when the kirin admitted that his precious cat had been separated from him. "We'll find her, I promise. She cannot have gone far." He murmured, hoping at least his promise would soothe him.

Soon, the conversation shifted back to him, and the hurt reflected in Jude's eyes is enough to make his own features morph into one shy of sheepish; the silver strands of his hair falling forward to cover his own lilac ones. It was a sight for the ages, the winged prince cowed by the petite noble in front of him whom would never harm a fly.

"I have changed. More than just in my appearance." Isorath began, careful as he mulled over his words, making sure that each one sounded just as apologetic as the last. There was so much to explain. The land he'd found himself in first, after his departure, which had ruined him and then the one before Novus which had only ignited spite in his bones. Then there were all those he'd met, who had left their hoof shaped imprint in his soul, not necessarily for the better. Going back to Vectaeryn damaged would of ruined him further, would of smudged his black mark on his family, his friends and those who had managed to find a home between his ribs.

How could he tell one of the good things in his life, that there had been another who had made him stumble. A pale mare with sunshine in her bones and moon dust in her hair? "Going home...it never felt like an option." He admitted, a heavy sigh finding it's way from his nostrils. "I thought staying away was for the best."

Before his thoughts could take him someplace dark, Jude's last comment brought him back. A laugh rumbled from his chest, forcing the silver prince to push away the strands of hair that had fallen in front of his face, lowering his muzzle to gently and briefly press upon the pastel waves of Jude's forelock. "If I knew the answer to that, I would of solved the problem already. Here is not as bad as some of the other places, where all you have is a tree for a roof and leaves for a bed. Even the tribes of the plains had better living arrangements." A shudder of disgust worked it's way down his scaled spine at the thought. "Neither are the horses, they are not as primitive and stupid as some." That had been a boon, his mind momentarily drifting to those he had watched the storm with. "You said you were tired? I have rooms at the castle. I'm a Sage in the Sovereign's Court. You can rest there, no more dirt and leaves. Then we will look for Mittens."

Reluctantly, he pulled away from Jude though one of his wings remained outstretched over his frame as he began the walk toward the Keep. "This way."

@Jude

Messages In This Thread
Wait, they don't love you like I love you - by Jude - 09-05-2017, 12:38 AM
RE: Wait, they don't love you like I love you - by Isorath - 09-05-2017, 01:46 AM
RE: Wait, they don't love you like I love you - by Jude - 09-05-2017, 02:48 AM
RE: Wait, they don't love you like I love you - by Isorath - 09-05-2017, 03:56 AM
RE: Wait, they don't love you like I love you - by Jude - 09-05-2017, 04:40 PM
RE: Wait, they don't love you like I love you - by Isorath - 09-08-2017, 10:56 AM
RE: Wait, they don't love you like I love you - by Jude - 09-19-2017, 03:44 PM