Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - xiii. justice [meeting]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Reichenbach

But gypsies wander never stay, always must move on.

And so his tribe did go away, my Gypsy's also gone.

Should you wish, 
I ask of you to join me in the war room tomorrow, 
after the sun has finally drifted off to sleep.

Reichenbach read the letter with a pang of guilt, silver eyes staring unseeingly at the lock of silver hair until the owl that had accompanied it gave a low hoot. Reich flicked his eyes to the owl, a certain familiarity bonding him with it instantly, the scent of the gypsies still ripe upon it's soft feathers. The scent would not remind him of anything but Aislinn now.

He breathed in lightly, trying and failing to avoid the soft lavender and smoke scent of her, clinging tightly to the lock of hair he now held. He placed the hair upon his windowsill, gazing over Denocte from the heights of the Court. He loved their country - fiercely, and with a loyalty that was surpassed only by his Crows and his blood. He knew of only one other who was as unfailingly, passionately loyal as he, and she had sent this letter. 

He had broken her wild heart.

He hated it. Hated thinking of her beautiful eyes faltering, the light in them stuttering and blinking out as he confessed his love for another. For Reichenbach, empathy was a curse, a brutal reminder that his actions had consequences, that for some... his freedom, his wild, un-tameable side could be harmful. Yet he couldn't fully feel sorry for telling his Champion the truth - she had had a right to know that his heart was looking westward, eyes set upon honeyed skin and violet eyes. 

Still. 

Heartbreak and hurt would not stop him from arriving at the War Room today. He did so silently, shadows twining about him as he stepped into the room, his presence vibrant and alive. His ebony curls shifted slightly as he looked about the vast room, sending a waft of night jasmine and woodsmoke to prowl the space before him. It was impressive. He had rarely had reason to enter the room before - now... he looked to Aislinn. 

She was as beautiful as ever - all fierce passion and untouched fury. Gods above, she was as wild as he, as much a part of Denocte as the granite of the mountains or the clear waters of the lake. She was stars and smoke and shadow, his Lady Knight. 

Lothaire stood by the entrance, immovable and intelligent, those depthless eyes catching every detail, every slip of information. Reichenbach smiled a warm smile, genuine pleasure rolling from his hot skin as he grinned;

"Lothaire! How was your time away?"

He could not rid himself of the need to look at her, to ensure that she was alright. So he did, turning to her with eyes of molten silver.

"Aislinn... A good call, to arrange such a meeting. I fear we have enemies building to the North."

His voice was the rumble of thunder on a warm night, sweeping through the chamber like music. 

"Lothaire... I don't suppose you learned anything upon your travels to the other Courts? Dusk and Dawn have proven to be quite amiable upon my own visits... Day, I am not so certain about... though they have always been.... abrasive."

@Aislinn @Lothaire 

Messages In This Thread
xiii. justice [meeting] - by Aislinn - 09-05-2017, 02:31 AM
RE: xiii. justice [meeting] - by Lothaire - 09-08-2017, 12:35 PM
RE: xiii. justice [meeting] - by Reichenbach - 09-21-2017, 11:11 PM
RE: xiii. justice [meeting] - by Aislinn - 10-08-2017, 02:05 AM