Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - i swear by all the salt in me

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Mila

B
ittersweet poison coated her tongue, painting her lips. Burning into her bloodstream, and pillaging every nostalgic cell in her body and turning into the rage hidden underneath. Her mouth curled into a wicked, wicked smile. Sadness pinned her ears to her curved neck as she held her once Sister Crow with a gaze as sharp as daggers. Emerald and sharp and saying all of the unsaid words hanging between them both.

I had to.

She shook her head, refusing to listen, instead scoffing and stomping a hoof into the stream of water. The cold splash could have steamed against the heat blistering just beneath the surface of her skin, but it did not. Mila only bit her tongue. Her anger was a corrosive toxin, and her longing the antidote. She softened as Rhoswen spoke, her heart almost cracking as she explained. Her words, the smoke, the shadows.. she knew all too well the pull of the moon and stars. With the beauty that came with Calligo's embrace, was also the allure of darkness. She could almost taste the ash in her mouth as she remembered herself. The muscles bunched under her freckled skin loosening.

No matter how hard she tried, Mila could not stay angry at her for long. No matter that she had deserted them, abandoned them. Leaving their family for the other side of the world. A brighter world. A harsher world. A world where the Crows did not call it's scorched, sun-kissed earth home.

The moon still calls to me sometimes.

"She will always call to you, Rhos," she spoke, almost absentmindedly. Emerald orbs downcast, before blinking up and meeting hers of ocean grey. Mila knew, without a doubt, every word that she spoke with perfect, perfect clarity. Before her life had been claimed by shadows and stars, she was a desert daughter. The Twins both; cast across the endless red sands like the helpless babes they were. She could try to forget. Calligo forbid, she already had. But although the desert was her birthright, the long night was her home.

Her only home.. with a family that came with it. And she had once been apart of it.

Do you see?

Mila searched her gaze, those silver eyes, for something she could not quite name. Frustration roiled in her, but with it, an understanding that leveled every ounce of anger in her little dancer's frame. She instead focused on the dapples of sunlight on her skin, soaking up every last drop of warmth from the sky high above her, hidden in the trees. "I do see," she started, her voice soft, a whisper. "but no matter how hard you try, you will never shake Her embrace. You should know that.. you're a Child of the Night. Not even you can change that."

She inhaled, slow and silently, shaking racing thoughts hidden in the mass of her golden mane. "Why Solterra? Of all places.. why the Kingdom under the Sun?"

@rhoswen <3 

Messages In This Thread
i swear by all the salt in me - by Rhoswen - 09-11-2017, 07:45 AM
RE: i swear by all the salt in me - by Mila - 09-14-2017, 01:00 AM
RE: i swear by all the salt in me - by Rhoswen - 09-14-2017, 04:46 PM
RE: i swear by all the salt in me - by Mila - 09-25-2017, 04:34 AM
RE: i swear by all the salt in me - by Rhoswen - 11-14-2017, 06:55 AM
RE: i swear by all the salt in me - by Mila - 11-22-2017, 05:39 AM
RE: i swear by all the salt in me - by Rhoswen - 12-01-2017, 07:44 AM