Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - if wishes were horses

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Reichenbach

ON RAGLAN ROAD ON AN AUTUMN DAY
I SAW HIM FIRST AND KNEW
THAT HIS DARK HAIR WOULD WEAVE A SNARE
THAT I MIGHT ONE DAY RUE

There was a sweetness to her that Reichenbach envied, an innocence that was impossible to retrieve once lost. His silver gaze didn't leave her face as she trembled, her dainty head lowering in something like self-loathing. 

”I am Coraline, a nobody of the Dawn Court. I’m not sure how I found myself here. I seem to be turned around.”

A nobody. Reich smiled at that, emanating warmth and welcome as he corrected;

"There are no nobodies in this world, only those who have not yet found their calling."

His voice vibrated with an earnestness that told too much - he, too, had thought himself worthless at a point. When he had been a child and awoken with nothing but a string of coins to tell him that his mother had cared, or at least cared enough to leave him a worthless heirloom. His sire hadn't bothered to stick around to see his birth - and hadn't done so with any of children, for Fate had not been a kind man, nor a caring one. His mother had stayed only long enough to ensure that he would not die - and then vanished. As a child, it had been a hard experience. 

Yet the now-King of Denocte had chosen to ignore the faithlessness of his parents and found his own way in the world, one full of thievery and laughter, of chaos and contentedness. He was the King Crow. The original orphan boy. The Orphan King, some called him, and he embraced that name with vigour and pride - an orphan, but never a nobody. He thought as much about Coraline as he watched her, grown but shaking, beautiful and yet she could not see it. 

"Well...."

The Night King began, glancing back toward the direction of the lake. 

"If you have nowhere to be, sweet Coraline, would you like to see more of Calligo's lands?"

ON GRAFTON STREET IN NOVEMBER
WE TRIPPED LIGHTLY ALONG THE LEDGE
OF A DEEP RAVINE WHERE CAN BE SEEN
THE WORTH OF PASSIONS PLEDGED
@Coraline

Messages In This Thread
if wishes were horses - by Coraline - 09-17-2017, 10:22 PM
RE: if wishes were horses - by Reichenbach - 09-21-2017, 09:45 PM
RE: if wishes were horses - by Coraline - 09-24-2017, 10:53 AM
RE: if wishes were horses - by Reichenbach - 10-01-2017, 04:52 AM
RE: if wishes were horses - by Coraline - 10-03-2017, 09:17 PM