Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - lavender's blue, dilly dilly.

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aislinn

your heart is a wild thing
made of stardust and thunder and hurricanes

Had she been blessed at birth with droplets of magic in her blood, the ground beneath her hooves would have quaked with every word she spoke; the sea would have crashed violently against the stone face of the cliffs in answer to her cries; and the skies above would have churned into thundering storm clouds, lightning flashing in answer to every tear that trembled down the delicate planes of her face. But no, oh no, she was not gifted with such things.. not yet.

A sickening shiver ran down the length of her spine, her muscles, her wings, as she stood with disbelief towards the girl of milk and honey. The heavy perfume of night blossoms and lavender roiled deep in her gut; nausea flooding her until the threat of bile burned in the back of her throat. To have found solace — comfort — in the woman who held the heart of the king she loved so dearly was like a dagger slowly twisting in what was left of her shredded, broken heart. The cracked and bleeding thing beat madly against her ribs; drumming loudly in her ears to the sound of the waves answering the fury of betrayal that coursed through her blood and bones.

The night-kissed mare's body craved the warmth of the girl who, for a moment — a blessed, most welcome moment — she trusted, to come back. Her wing draped over her back was a ghost of heat and comfort that was gone, painfully gone. The woman's caress as she smoothed her mane of silk a phantom, haunting her as Aislinn stared at her and only saw betrayal, agony, and grief the color of washed out storms. What she would bribe to to Tempus himself; to rid the regret that burned through her like a corrosive toxin. To turn back the clock before words had been exchanged between them; to turn back before she had left her home in the middle of the night one more, robbed of sleep; to turn back before she was just a gypsy girl who fell in love with her king. Oh, what she would give to go back.. and never live a moment of this pain again.

She would not wish the ache that tore through every part of her on even the worst of her enemies.

Fresh tears streamed freely down her face; how she could even produce more, she was not certain. The taste of salt coated her lips as she tried to blink them away; the musk of those god-damned blossoms thick and heady in her nostrils, in her lungs. Soft lavender petals fluttering in the breeze coming off of the ocean, shaking them free from the smoother tresses of her starlight mane. Just a reminder of how very close they were.. the lingering warmth of the golden girl's body sending new waves of ice through her instead, like shards of glass ripping through her veins with each pump of her heart.

Aislinn could not tear her gaze away from her — Florentine — and her orbs of amethyst gems. She could see it now, like she had once before the moment they had met not mere minutes before. Her buttercream locks and delicate wings, the smooth silk of honey on her skin, and a gaze the color of indigo jewels. A spring goddess woven into mortal flesh and bone and lovely things. No wonder he loves her.. and the very thought has her choking on what little oxygen she has in her lungs, the perfume flowers that are robbing her of any breathable air.

I am who?

She wanted to scream, and rage, until every part of her is either destroyed or so broken that there is nothing left to salvage her, to put her back into something that could be whole again. The ache in her has cleaved her, shattered her heart and bruised her soul. Florentine's words send new tears blinking from her dull blue eyes, Aislinn's gaze finally unable to take looking at the golden girl anymore.

Her heart simply could not take it, not for another moment.

"He told me was in love with you," she whispered, her voice trembling over every word as it is carried over the wind coming off of the sea. "My king could not lie to me, although I almost wish he had."

And then even the stars above seemed to shimmer in mourning to their gypsy girl.

@Florentine ♡  gahhh this isn't my best, I'm sorry love :(
"Aislinn speech."

space

Messages In This Thread
lavender's blue, dilly dilly. - by Aislinn - 09-18-2017, 01:31 AM
RE: lavender's blue, dilly dilly. - by Florentine - 09-18-2017, 03:07 AM
RE: lavender's blue, dilly dilly. - by Aislinn - 09-18-2017, 05:25 AM
RE: lavender's blue, dilly dilly. - by Florentine - 09-18-2017, 06:31 AM
RE: lavender's blue, dilly dilly. - by Aislinn - 09-19-2017, 06:35 AM
RE: lavender's blue, dilly dilly. - by Florentine - 09-20-2017, 05:04 AM
RE: lavender's blue, dilly dilly. - by Aislinn - 09-27-2017, 07:35 AM
RE: lavender's blue, dilly dilly. - by Florentine - 10-03-2017, 01:57 PM