Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - What we wish shall be

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Tetra

It is not long before she spies a grey shadow moving slowly closer from the corner of her eye. Tetra pretends not to see the young one, half closing her eyes in relaxation and focusing on the way the river feels so cool against her skin. She begins to hum a gentle song as the younger mare creeps closer. It is a soothing tune the mothers taught her, one they would sing to wounded animals so they would relax. So the healers could do their work without being bitten, kicked, or run out on.

As the filly is close enough to call out, Tetra raises her gaze and returns the greeting with a soft nicker. Coraline. It is a sweet name. "Hello dear, I'm Tetra." She smiles, warm and genuine. The girl before her isn't much younger than Tetra, but it seems they have been cast very different fates, and have very different natures to account for it.

'Are you lost?'

The question brings an even warmer smile to her face. She's never felt lost in her whole life, not really. It must be one of the few things she inherited from her father, wanderer that he was.

"I don't think so,"" She says, voice honey-smooth and low. "Well I certainly hope not." A grin spreads on her face. "I know that's Terminus Peak," She gestures behind her, where the great mountain peaks over the horizon. "And this must be the great Rapax River, border of Delumine?" All these places she knows with deep familiarity, although she has never seen them before. She smiles again.

"You must be a member of the Dawn Court? Tell me, what is it like?" She tilts her head in earnest, feeling like a child herself. There it is, that familiar swell of anticipation in her chest, like the wind catching the sail. Stories do that to her.

@Coraline

Messages In This Thread
What we wish shall be - by Tetra - 09-18-2017, 06:16 PM
RE: What we wish shall be - by Coraline - 10-09-2017, 08:52 PM
RE: What we wish shall be - by Tetra - 10-13-2017, 03:26 PM
RE: What we wish shall be - by Coraline - 10-14-2017, 02:19 PM
RE: What we wish shall be - by Tetra - 10-17-2017, 10:35 AM