Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Worship  - Wings to the Mind

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

Been a long time since I came to the Peak. Yeah that peak. The worship-y one with the gods and goddesses, Caligo herself included. I step through stone-riddled path toward the top, or at least a decent clearing, picking my way carefully. I hear Damaris nearby, but I can't see her hidden among the trees and brush. I've never known you to be one interested in communing with the Gods. What's changed? I huff, letting a little irritation show at her observation. Nothing. Let a male wander in peace, eh? She chuckles and doesn't respond.

The setting sun steals away the warmth from the air, my breath starting to show in front of me. Fall is disappearing, winter coming faster than I'm really ready for. The hairs on my body are only just starting to grow out, but I've got a tough hide. The cool air at this altitude doesn't bother me too much - yet. Finally I reach a plateau - small, but just enough to alleviate the stress on my joints from the continuous incline. To my astonishment, I see a cave on the other side of the plateau. Not just that, but a light comes from within. That's not normal. That being said, I am reminded of the Veins of the Gods back in Helovia. The glowing mushrooms there....

Stay up here Damaris. I'm going to investigate. I don't even glance over my shoulder, sensing more than seeing that she is close behind me. She lies down at the edge of the cave while I descend within. I hear humming, a tune that seems to match the flickering lights dancing on the walls. A voice, speaking to Vespera, the goddess of Dusk. I'd be lying to say I don't recognize it, even if I can't understand all the words. As I turn a corner and find the female who stole my heart lying on the cave floor, her humming resumes. Leaves burn before her, illuminating the cave walls, her pale body.

I can't disguise my approach, for stone is forever unforgiving to the clop of hooves. But until I am close, I let that be the only sound that joins her song. Finally I halt, just a few yards behind her. My voice is soft, husky as I murmur. "It's been too long, Weir. Your melody soothes my loneliness." I sound much more like a gentleman than I really am, but she tends to bring that out in me. Revealing my softer side seems to be one of her specialties.

WC: 421
Tag: @Weir

Rosti thoughts | "Rosti speech" | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
Wings to the Mind - by Weir - 09-22-2017, 11:28 PM
RE: Wings to the Mind - by Rostislav - 10-24-2017, 02:16 AM
RE: Wings to the Mind - by Weir - 10-26-2017, 04:42 PM
RE: Wings to the Mind - by Rostislav - 12-25-2017, 12:15 AM