Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ktulu

KTULU
and i've moved farther than i thought i could
and i've missed you more than i thought i would

There were only a handful of times when Ktulu felt fear, but there was never a time that she could remember that she felt the sheer terror that sank its icy claws into her heart and made her blood run cold as ice. It was that terror that gripped her while she stood among the crowd listening to the screams of the dying and the fearful cries of those that began to realize that the world as they knew it was coming to an end. One by one friend and foe alike all stood before Kaos, defying his command and one by one they all where blown away like dust in the wind. They were nothing more than mosquitos, easily swatted away by the hand of a God.

It was the two foals and the grizzly at her side that kept the mare from flinging herself headlong into the fight. Rinne, only a couple of weeks old , Akeli, the orphaned child that had somehow wormed her way into the Constrictor's good graces, and Eytan, who was part of her heart and very soul were her responsibility. Both were scared, clinging to her, asking questions she couldn't answer, and begging her to keep them safe. "I will" she had promised them, though she knew it was one that she wouldn't be able to keep.

When the portal opened and Kaos demanded they go through Ktulu hesitated, distrustful of the god that had killed so many of them already. Every fiber of her being screamed that it was a trick, just an easier way to kill all of them ... but how could she know? She watched her brother's body dissolve into absolutely nothing then turned her head away and nudged the foals and the bear toward the portal. "Go through" she had instructed them, ignoring their protests. "It'll be okay, I'll see you on the other side. Just trust me." She promised and pleaded, but it wasn't enough. She shoved Rinne through the portal, then Akeli. A glance back was all she needed to break hear heart. "Ophelia!" She screamed as her sister fell at the feet of the god. Had it not been for Sunjata shoving her through the portal she would have joined the fight and met her end with her sister...

Ktulu sucked in a deep, gasping breath and her body jerked as she regained consciousness. Her eyes opened then shut immediately. Though the sun was setting it was still bright enough to sting her eyes. "Eytan?" She reached out mentally to the bear to ask if he was okay. At first when she didn't receive any response from him she thought that it was because he had not yet regained consciousness. Then she realized that .... something didn't feel quite right. "Eytan?" She tried again, more insistent. Again, there was nothing. Slowly, it dawned on her that she couldn't even feel his constant presence. For the second time in a short span of time she felt terror.

"Eytan!" Ktulu yelled as she surged to her feet, crimson eyes wide as she stared around the new world. "Eytan!" But there was nothing. "Rinne! Akeli!" Neither of the girls were there either. It was just her, standing alone in the middle of a grassy field. "...what?" She was confused at first, but that confusion gave way to anger. "That lying son of a bitch!" She seethed. He had promised them safety, and though she hadn't trusted his word -- because dieties were not trustworthy -- she had been hopeful. "That lying sack of horse shit!" He had taken everything. Her home. Her family. Her friends. Her companion.

"Zola!"

Her head snapped in the direction the voice had come from, her memory instantly recognizing the name and her heart recognizing the voice. Apollo was there? Apollo was alive? She heard his voice again, crying out for his companion and though he sounded panicked she couldn't help but be relieved. Apollo was there. He was alive. If he was there then maybe there were others, too.

"Apollo!" She yelled as her hooves carried her swiftly toward him. "Apollo!"

"Speak."

Credits

@Apollo

Messages In This Thread
It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Apollo - 09-23-2017, 07:12 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Ktulu - 09-23-2017, 07:13 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Apollo - 09-23-2017, 08:58 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Ktulu - 09-23-2017, 09:47 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Apollo - 09-24-2017, 03:40 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Ktulu - 09-24-2017, 05:32 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Apollo - 09-26-2017, 08:14 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Reichenbach - 09-27-2017, 12:04 AM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Ktulu - 10-05-2017, 12:57 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Apollo - 10-15-2017, 05:56 PM