Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Worship  - Oriens? Any

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Only

It had been a long time coming since Only reconnected with his friends here in Novus - as time drew on he had learned that many of those who had been trapped in the Rift managed to come out on the other side.  Most of them had gone long before he did and the man had been left alone in the darkness - too long - long enough to feel a different kind of sickness settle deep inside his bones.  It had poisoned his mind in ways he wasn't sure of just yet - but the Gods here knew.  Perhaps they could help - but even if they could, it wasn't like Only had been praying for it.

Perhaps he should have been all along.  There were things scribed in the pages of Fate that could make angels despair the Good Word.  That said, he felt like the outlying areas were his only option for living on or near Delumine without interfering with those who sought to keep their libraries quiet and peaceful, their civilians as docile as possible.  He was just some young punk making too much noise, at some point however, he wondered if he too could ever find his own sort of peace.  Maybe finding this Oriens fellow might be a decent start if he was to carve any kind of path in Novus.  Lord knows he certainly wasn't going to leave anytime soon regardless of whether he was a criminal or not.

Veneror had been an all night task, he began his ascension at dusk and struggled in the dark so as not to be seen.  Only had grown accustomed to making all of his movement at night and being out of sight during the day.  How could he get caught if he flew under the radar all the time?  Would Veneror be any different than places like Solterra? Would this so-called God grow a pair of feet and kick him off the top of the peak? There was only one way to find out.

Dawn brought him to the flat points where he stood to rest - the light gathering on the edges of the peak filled the dark with a rosy pink glow, with it, the realization that he was not alone.  Looking more closely, he realized at once that he was not unfamiliar with her - her button eyes gave it away.

"Well if it isn't divine intervention."  Only said smoothly as he came up behind her.  The stallion looked worse for wear, scarred, underfed, and the cuts on his face were recent enough to still be pink and sore with healing.  Coraline, the girl who knew his most dangerous secrets, was here of all places and he had yet to catch up with her since his arrival. "I miss Pandora."  He added after having looked around her feet to try and spot the vulpine trouble maker, his eyes lifted to meet her face with a genuine grin.  

"You live in Delumine, too."  It was not as excited sounding as it could have been - should have been.  Especially here on the peak where one would often come to celebrate their union with whatever God that delegated them through this thing called Life.

"I may not be around there for much longer.  I fear that the one you've called for may not take pity on a soul like mine.  I do not feel like his child at all.  If I am, I am not worthy."

@Coraline   HIIII hope you don't mind us cutting in for some Coraline time in this worship.  He could probably use some hella guidance right now anyway!  :D!

.only
si vis pacem para bellum

There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
For many are called but few are chosen.

Messages In This Thread
Oriens? Any - by Coraline - 09-24-2017, 11:35 AM
RE: Oriens? Any - by Only - 10-01-2017, 11:58 AM
RE: Oriens? Any - by Coraline - 10-03-2017, 09:27 PM
RE: Oriens? Any - by Only - 10-22-2017, 11:11 AM
RE: Oriens? Any - by Coraline - 11-09-2017, 04:27 PM
RE: Oriens? Any - by Only - 11-09-2017, 05:21 PM
RE: Oriens? Any - by Coraline - 11-09-2017, 09:59 PM
RE: Oriens? Any - by Only - 11-13-2017, 12:40 PM
RE: Oriens? Any - by Coraline - 11-17-2017, 06:16 PM
RE: Oriens? Any - by Only - 11-17-2017, 09:41 PM