Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Worship  - Oriens? Any

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Only

I would really like to see a miracle.

"Me too," Only bumps her shoulder and looks up into the sky where the spires of the very mountain they stand upon continue.  "I wonder if this mountain touches the sky all the way up there.  Maybe that is where you'll find what you are looking for."  The black stallion decides today will be the day that he spends with friends and not with himself - Stephan - for the darker half of his mind loved nothing more than to torment Only.  In places like this - his antagonist's voice grew quieter and quieter until it was no more.  Even now as he walks with Coraline, a relieved silence spreads across his mind and he enjoys the quiet between them.  

"I'll take you higher."  Only offers with a grin, his blonde tail swishing lazily back and forth.  Today is a good day and he has faith that it will be good for Coraline too.  "If we don't find what you are looking for - we will have to come back with Pan and Flora."  Only continues forward and patiently climbs with Coraline, some of the rock faces are steep but it is nothing compared to the Rift.  Even now as the air grows thinner and the air becomes cool enough to chill his skin, he wonders what it is all for.  Sure, he wants to help Coraline find her way and for her to find answers to the questions she wishes to ask but what's in this for him?

Nothing, he thinks.  Nothing can save him from his own Fate.  There is no miracles for the things he wants - neither are their miracles for the things he needs, like a shrink or maybe even a prescription for schizophrenia.  It would be nice, however, to find faith.  

And that makes Only think.

"I'd like to find Faith without a miracle one day, when I am ready.  I want my life back and I want Stephan to go away but I feel like that kind of a miracle is made by something other than Gods."  His admission is honest, Coraline above all would know to whom he speaks of.  The tyrant that haunts his mind, that drives him to do bad things, that insists on his own irrational, self-loathing ways.  It isn't as easy as quitting smoking or drinking either, he knows he cannot survive without Stephan because Stephan made Only up the way children do with their imaginary friends.  

"I'd like to time travel like Florentine, that way I could find the younger version of myself and talk to him about the choices he'll have to make - and the choices he should have made.  My dad was so mean. I think the other half of me became a monster just like him."  He frowns, he remembers admitting it to her once before about how unsafe his friends were around him.  "I'd like to not be worried all the time about whether or not something is going to happen."  

@Coraline   EXPLORING TIME <3

.only

Messages In This Thread
Oriens? Any - by Coraline - 09-24-2017, 11:35 AM
RE: Oriens? Any - by Only - 10-01-2017, 11:58 AM
RE: Oriens? Any - by Coraline - 10-03-2017, 09:27 PM
RE: Oriens? Any - by Only - 10-22-2017, 11:11 AM
RE: Oriens? Any - by Coraline - 11-09-2017, 04:27 PM
RE: Oriens? Any - by Only - 11-09-2017, 05:21 PM
RE: Oriens? Any - by Coraline - 11-09-2017, 09:59 PM
RE: Oriens? Any - by Only - 11-13-2017, 12:40 PM
RE: Oriens? Any - by Coraline - 11-17-2017, 06:16 PM