Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Worship  - Oriens? Any

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Only

What do you suppose we'll find all the way at the top?

"Clouds."  Only looks back and sticks a tongue out at her.  Only tosses his wild mane of blonde hair and surges forward.  They pick up speed once they clear a steep slope that has them concentrating more on their own feet than the games they oft-times play.  Only hums loudly to himself as well as to Coraline as he dutifully climbs and climbs, stopping every now and again to look back to make sure his besilvered companion is following.

"Veneror Peak begs to be discovered, temples are beautiful but I think I like nature more."  The sun rises behind a veil of gray - and while it does not rain or shine - the world is brighter and brighter yet as they gain altitude.  "You doing alright back there Coraline?  We are almost there."  Only encourages her with a nod of his head, the peak is just a stone's throw away.  The ledge looks near impossible to get over but Only moves towards it with a fearsome determination.  

He'll reach the top even if it kills him.  He has nothing to lose anyway.

"Maybe we'll find some hope - Gods know we could use some, don't you think?"  He says then as he tries to put a positive spin on things.  Foolishly he keeps walking without paying much attention to his terrain - he's never really climbed mountains before and he knows very little of what deadly traps they keep to maintain their mysteries.

Reaching the top is treacherous, it proves to be dangerous when he loses his footing on an unexpected patch of ice.  If there are Gods, he wonders where they are in the split second it takes for him to fall down before Coraline with a great yelp of pain.  He lands hard on his shoulder and side, his back is turned towards the massive drop but rocks roll from the shift and pin his leg just right.

The ice splinters into shards and the mountain seems to growl like a dog on duty.  Only imagines that he must not be worthy of finding hope or learning of the powers that might be able to help him.  

As if to drive that point home, the slightest shift sends Only sliding down where he snags his side on a sharp rock.  The man hisses in pain and clenches his teeth, the warm blood dribbles as a warning that it is very real.

"Coraline stay where you are."  Something is cracking beneath him, the ice that was bridging two stones together grows weaker and weaker from the stress his weight puts on it.  If he moves too quick it will give away immediately - if he doesn't move soon enough it will take him down with him.  Only tries to think as quickly and as carefully as he can.

"It is ice and it is breaking, my foot - I think..." Only can't hide the panic in his voice but he tries to get up and cannot.  "Coraline I think my foot is stuck in the rocks."  The man's eyes go gray with fear as the colour drains out of him when he realizes he is truly caught.  Only lays his head down on the cool stone and listens to the ice rumble deep below him, fear fills him and makes him numb from the jabbing pain shooting up his leg.  

@Coraline  8D  Dramaaaaa

.only

Messages In This Thread
Oriens? Any - by Coraline - 09-24-2017, 11:35 AM
RE: Oriens? Any - by Only - 10-01-2017, 11:58 AM
RE: Oriens? Any - by Coraline - 10-03-2017, 09:27 PM
RE: Oriens? Any - by Only - 10-22-2017, 11:11 AM
RE: Oriens? Any - by Coraline - 11-09-2017, 04:27 PM
RE: Oriens? Any - by Only - 11-09-2017, 05:21 PM
RE: Oriens? Any - by Coraline - 11-09-2017, 09:59 PM
RE: Oriens? Any - by Only - 11-13-2017, 12:40 PM
RE: Oriens? Any - by Coraline - 11-17-2017, 06:16 PM