Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - girls burn brighter [Moira]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

take this burden away from me
and bury it before it buries me

It is when the woman wrinkles her nose that the sun drenched mare thinks maybe this had been a mistake and she should have never stopped for a chat. Crystalline gaze is steadily focused upon her and she watches for intentions. But her golden eyes immediately set her at ease. Golden, beautiful, like her father’s, like Elena’s had been once. She thinks, even with eyes of fire like that, she had never looked with such resolve and beauty as Moira does now.

“That’s okay,” Elena so quickly reassures her in a soprano voice. A soft smile ghosts her face. She says it, but Elena has wondered the same thought so many times before, has agonized over it. She is too far for the golden girl to reach, but she longs to reach out to her, to touch against her shoulder, to let her know that she is here, here and she would not be so quick to leave. ‘I do not know what I am.’ It is a statement that can send someone out into the open ocean. Elena has no life vest to save her, but she would hold her in her arms in the frigid ocean saying ‘you will not float out here alone. I will not leave you to drown.’ Even, while she can already feel herself sinking beneath the waves.

Maybe the woman could sense the aura Elena gives, or something of the like. Because she comes forward, forward. Blue eyes watch her with sparked interest. Elena thinks, and she will remember this moment in years to come, she thinks as Moira steps forward, that this is when she believes they will be friends. Maybe she will tell Moira this one day, when they are older, that she knew from the very beginning.

“No, no I came here for…” she trails off. For a boy, for two boys, her mother would be so disheartened. “Perhaps I should not have come here at all,” she admits to herself, even as she steels one more glance at the world around her, waiting for the shadows to move or the stars to shine brighter. “I chase shadows and starlight, two of the most impossible things to catch,” she admits with a laugh and sigh, and had she been human maybe she would have tossed her arms in defeat.

“And where did you once long to be?” Elena questions her, boldly. “I am from Terrastella and before that, well, a great number of places,” she says. “And you?” She asks. “What is your name?” Elena has always asked too many questions because she always thinks she wants to know, but she is too often quick to hand those answers back to their source. The flaxen haired girl tilts her head and furrows her brow, considering the other girl before her. Strong, beautiful. She looks anything but unsure and Elena worries deep in her chest, if this woman could not find stability, what made Elena think she could? Her heart pulls in two different directions, and here on the mountains, Elena hands Moira the needle and thread, wondering if she can sew it back together.

so take away this apathy
bury it before it buries me

@Moira

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
girls burn brighter [Moira] - by Elena - 04-30-2020, 09:50 PM
RE: girls burn brighter [Moira] - by Moira - 05-05-2020, 10:18 AM
RE: girls burn brighter [Moira] - by Elena - 05-09-2020, 12:44 PM
RE: girls burn brighter [Moira] - by Moira - 05-21-2020, 01:38 AM