Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Mountains of the Moon

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Valerian

Though their proximity is close, the stallion is rather familiar with it. His sense of personal space is condemned by his upbringing. And perhaps the stranger’s presence brings about a fleeting sense of warmth, when the nostalgia settles in. Of late, cool nights and warm bodies staving off the cold. Laughs and late night philosophies bouncing and dancing between the smoldering coals, all but vanish as the howling wind reminds him of the present. 

The pearly stranger appears aloof at first, lost before it hits him. And Valerian can’t help himself but chuckle alongside the stranger. “Aye, if you say so.” Better safe than sorry later, and as far as he could tell the stallion did not harbor any scrapes or bruises. No cuts that have pierced through thin skin. It baffled him briefly that his companion had trekked this far into the mountains. Alas he could not admit where exactly this fellow originated from, or where his natural environment took residence. Though he had never seen a coat like his, even dulled by the grit and earth, it seemed to glow when hit with the right amount of angle and light. Intrigue embedded a lopsided smile against his mouth.

“Sure. It’s a mighty risk, but… There wasn’t any shelter along the road I was following then. So I took the chance. Hell of a fight, too. It was rather refreshing,” he teased with a laugh. “A pleasure Vadim. I go by No-name.” An impromptu bow allows Valerian to dip his head just so – given the amount of space. He forgets that the inhabitants of Novus are assigned to their courts, their ideals and histories that flutter vicariously above Valerian’s head. Too new and magical to have imprinted themselves against his heart, mere concepts and ideologies will have to play out for a far longer course.

“What brings you to Novus’ spiny heart, fair Vadim? Despite the predicament we find ourselves in, I’ve heard the stars are the brightest here at night.” He had always wondered if the stars could be captured. Held, if just for a moment to gleam what mysteries they held from the rest of the world. Or perhaps they were too pure for mortal hands, too far and distant – safely tucked away into the places no mortal dared to reach.

credits :: blueshoodesigns
ooc: @Vadim    

Messages In This Thread
Mountains of the Moon - by Valerian - 09-04-2017, 01:19 AM
RE: Mountains of the Moon - by Vadim - 09-05-2017, 08:04 PM
RE: Mountains of the Moon - by Valerian - 09-07-2017, 11:04 PM
RE: Mountains of the Moon - by Vadim - 09-08-2017, 09:27 AM
RE: Mountains of the Moon - by Valerian - 09-10-2017, 01:11 PM
RE: Mountains of the Moon - by Vadim - 09-11-2017, 11:37 AM