Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- restraint & release [relic quest]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Reichenbach

R E I C H E N B A C H

E R W I N

R O M M E L

" there's no way tonight
as far as I know
that heaven will take me
so I'm staggering home "

"Call me Reich"

Was his warm response, humour lacing his words as Damascus chewed on his name with difficulty. It was a foreign name, given to him by his mother - he assumed - before she died. It was all he had had for a few long years, just a name and a blank slate that slowly, slowly filled with colour and life. His gaze shifted to Kaladin as the great sable pegasus turned toward the horned man, silver eyes abound with curiosity and just the slightest tinge of calculation. Kaladin held secrets tight within the gleam of his eyes, it was all he could do but to wonder whether those secrets made life difficult for the lone man - or if they were dangerous to his Denocte's wellbeing. His brows raised slightly as the man spoke, his low voice a sheen across the strange mixture of arrogance and desperation that his words contained. 

But what will you be using it for? The thought flashed through his head and across his bright eyes even as he listened to the rumble of Kaladin's voice go silent.

"And you believe yourself to be of equal power to this relic?" 

Reich tossed his ebony curls in amusement, despite the deeply uncomfortable thing shifting in his stomach at the thought. Responding silently to Kaladin's upthrown eyes, the bay stallion tilted his head back to follow his gaze, staring upward at the stars - at Denocte's stars. They were the best in all of Novus, like the galaxy had thrown all it had into creating the most beautiful night sky ever created, a cacophony of comets, shooting stars, gases and best of all, dainty twinkling lights so bright and varied that it was hard to look away. Yet look away he did, grinning at the somewhat surprising companionship he felt twitch between the three of them. 

"That might be the smartest thing you've said all night, Kal"

He planted the nickname with ease, his honeyed tongue blessing Kaladin with something like tentative friendship. Damascus was as Reich - he was of this world, or one close enough to this one, and he smelt like earth and fresh air, and as such, Reichenbach fell easily into friendship with the ebony giant. He provided no uneasy, ominous feeling, only a delightful youthfulness that made the elder stallion smile. He began to follow Kaladin in his search, walking side by side with the rust coloured stallion, occasionally turning over stones or shifting leaves, though he soon slipped to the lake. Walking in the ice cold shallows, Reichenbach turned to Damascus and asked;

"What will you do with the relic, if you find it?"

ooc; @Kaladin @Damascus oops sorry I must have forgotten it was my turn to post!

Messages In This Thread
restraint & release [relic quest] - by Reichenbach - 06-06-2017, 02:11 AM
RE: restraint & release [relic quest] - by Kaladin - 06-06-2017, 03:12 PM
RE: restraint & release [relic quest] - by Reichenbach - 06-07-2017, 02:49 AM
RE: restraint & release [relic quest] - by Damascus - 06-07-2017, 12:22 PM
RE: restraint & release [relic quest] - by Kaladin - 06-09-2017, 03:04 PM
RE: restraint & release [relic quest] - by Reichenbach - 06-12-2017, 01:13 AM
RE: restraint & release [relic quest] - by Damascus - 06-19-2017, 01:45 PM
RE: restraint & release [relic quest] - by Kaladin - 06-19-2017, 03:15 PM
RE: restraint & release [relic quest] - by Reichenbach - 06-29-2017, 10:12 PM