Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Howling at the Sun

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Vadim

The sunlit stallion keeps a step back from the very edge, enjoying the sweeping vistas viewed from the height.  The mountains loom close past the canyon, and on the other side the amber sea of the desert stretches away.  The larger stallion's words cause an ear to cock towards him, listening and considering.  Unwelcome?  He'd never thought of the desert that way.  He can see why the jagged walls of the canyon are perhaps less than hospitable but the vast plains of sand?  Harsh, certainly.  But... unwelcome?  

"I suppose..."  he ventures, unconvinced.  There is something about the whole of Solterra that he finds exciting, alluring.  Except, perhaps, the people.  The rest draws him in though, with it's vast spaces and the whispers of home.  Even the canyon seems like little more than a runway, with high walls to echo the sound of hoof-beats back and forth until a single horse could sound like a herd by himself.  He tosses his head.  No mane emphasizes the motion, leaving it seem unfinished.  His hooves dance and scrape along the rock, weight shifting as though he cannot stand to be still.  

Vadim hesitates at the question though.  To him the strange phrasing carries a weight of meaning that a 'where are you from' or 'what are you doing here' just don't quite have.  So he considers his answer carefully.  "There was no place for me with the people of my birth.  This place is a little like it, though the people are very different so when I got here I stayed.  Maybe I can make a place for myself here."  

The words are frank, simple.  It is the best summary he has of his small history.  Having heard what he has of the history of Solterra, his own seems puny and insignificant.  Though he doubts he will ever abandon the beliefs he was raised with completely, perhaps it is best to simply put history to bed.  To adopt the identity of Solterra as so many seem to do as a matter of survival.  

"What of you?"  His curiosity, ever questing, is piqued by the odd lilt of the other stallion's speech.  What kind of people speak so- what language truly matches the cadence with which he speaks?  

@Eik

Messages In This Thread
Howling at the Sun - by Eik - 10-07-2017, 01:44 PM
RE: Howling at the Sun - by Vadim - 10-14-2017, 07:38 PM
RE: Howling at the Sun - by Eik - 10-16-2017, 01:49 PM
RE: Howling at the Sun - by Vadim - 10-16-2017, 02:57 PM
RE: Howling at the Sun - by Eik - 10-16-2017, 06:27 PM
RE: Howling at the Sun - by Vadim - 10-17-2017, 11:06 AM
RE: Howling at the Sun - by Eik - 10-18-2017, 07:47 PM
RE: Howling at the Sun - by Vadim - 10-25-2017, 09:31 AM
RE: Howling at the Sun - by Eik - 10-27-2017, 03:15 PM