Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Return to Reality

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Camdis

Camdis knew he would not be able to describe the fear that had plagued his every step since awakening within the oppressive darkness of the library archives. It was as if the shadows had come alive and were grasping at his throat, seeking to strangle the life from his veins. Though he did not know how long he had been unconscious upon the floor of the crypt-like archives, the stallion could feel the time that had passed in the stiffness of his joints, in the absence of fat and muscle - in the hollowness of his eyes. 

He moved as if he were being hunted; caution and weariness etched into every breath. His breath billowed out before him in twin plumes of steam as he made his way across the stone floors and through the arched exit of the vast underground library. In the small antechamber that preceded the great archive chamber, Camdis Lohir noted the cobwebs that stretched across the fireplace where, when he had passed last, a blaze had been crackling merrily. Another blade of fear pierced the male's heart.

How long have I been unconscious?

Camdis tried to swallow but found that his mouth had gone dry as panic began to set in, silvery eyes widening until the whites flashed. "Reichenbach - Reich," came his gravelly words, voice nearly unrecognizable from disuse. Rushing forward, the Hand of the King moved as quickly as his weakened limbs allowed, his breath soon becoming labored beneath the weight of moving his malnourished frame. Where was his Sovereign? Where was his friend was he okay? What had happened? 

Jolting to a stop within the hallway leading to Reichenbach's private chambers, Camdis's horned head hanging low as he gasped for air, a serpentine voice wound it's way through his mind, the feminine lilt haunting him and causing his muscles to clench painfully with terror.

Dark like the void...

Had it been her again? The figure? The maybe-Calligo? Tears pricked his eyes, threatening to spill in horrified rivulets down scarlet and chocolate stained cheeks. Clenching his jaw and taking a timid step forward Camdis struggled closer to the beautiful ebony doors of Reichenbach's apartment, his voice failing him even as he collapsed in a pitiful heap in front of the entrance. "Reii.." 

His vision began to blur, whether from tears, adrenaline, or starvation, he couldn't tell. Where was Raglan? Where was his page? Where was Rostislav? Where were his friends? 

Why was he alone?

"Help... Please."

@Reichenbach HEY YALL I'M BACK!!!! I'm thinking that Camdis got pulled into another ~~vision~~ but he doesn't remember it and he's been unconscious for weeks! AA ye? anyways, EVERYONE is welcome. I would love for someone to find the second in command collapsed on the floor looking all malnourished and half dead. I can't tell you how much I've missed all of you!

Messages In This Thread
Return to Reality - by Camdis - 10-19-2017, 12:50 PM
RE: Return to Reality - by Ammon - 10-19-2017, 02:28 PM
RE: Return to Reality - by Camdis - 10-19-2017, 03:22 PM
RE: Return to Reality - by Rostislav - 10-23-2017, 12:24 AM
RE: Return to Reality - by Ammon - 11-08-2017, 11:42 AM
RE: Return to Reality - by Camdis - 11-09-2017, 09:54 PM
RE: Return to Reality - by Rostislav - 11-20-2017, 03:44 AM
RE: Return to Reality - by Ammon - 12-14-2017, 02:38 PM