Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Everyone's a Winner

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Zosimos

S I M O

He turned an eye to the stallion as he mentioned his own background, a foundling just like himself. It seemed that a desert made a good place to dump the unwanted. It was essentially a death sentence, but without having to handle the grisly deed on one’s own. He often wondered about his true parents, if they had both agreed to leave him behind or even what had spurred them to that choice. Was his mother with his father still? Were they still abandoning their mistakes in the sand? Did he have siblings? What did they look like? His ears pinned back at the thought -- and he shooed the thoughts away from his mind with a flap of his wings. The breeze ruffled him behind the ears, sending locks of ivory and ebony twisting up into the desert wind. He was grateful when the conversation moved away from the past into things that were easier to think about -- like the present.

”Aye.” He murmured, though his gaze was ahead and keeping track of his ultimate destination -- home. ”It’s one of those businesses that it doesn’t hurt to be in.” He agreed, but he wanted to add just how much he hated creating weapons. He much preferred to make beautiful things, and while weapons could be beautiful in their own right he hated what they ultimately were used for. His beautiful things being used to kill and destroy. His mood was soured with all the talk of things that he hated about his life. His abandonment in the sands, his precious creations used for murder...all things he tried to stray from.

He flicked an ear in the direction of Killian, glancing as he forced another smile. ”Aye, but if you are able to do all of those things then you must have a fine memory. It’s not easy to remember all these lands -- let alone the different people within them. Perhaps that’s your talent.” He felt a flicker of uncertainty as Killian mentioned the libraries. The only place with libraries was Dawn Court, that much he did know. Solterra had a paltry space for some tomes -- but he’d have hardly called it a library.  It was the first sliver of suspicion that he had that this stranger might not have been all he seemed.

Wary, Simo kept going -- determined to see himself home. ”My deliveries have taken me to many places. I doubt there is an inch of this world I haven’t passed through at some time or another. When my father was the smith, I was the errand boy. Now I play both roles -- which I enjoy.” He said lightly. He had no qualms about his traveling. It had yet to interfere with his work -- and he intended to keep it that way.

”You should take some time to seek out the other courts. There are a few that I would not mind living in, save for the connections I have here. Solterra saved me thus I will never leave it.”

@Killian

coding by Avis

Messages In This Thread
Everyone's a Winner - by Killian - 11-05-2017, 06:27 PM
RE: Everyone's a Winner - by Zosimos - 11-05-2017, 09:10 PM
RE: Everyone's a Winner - by Killian - 11-05-2017, 09:46 PM
RE: Everyone's a Winner - by Zosimos - 11-08-2017, 02:13 PM
RE: Everyone's a Winner - by Killian - 11-08-2017, 07:20 PM
RE: Everyone's a Winner - by Zosimos - 11-13-2017, 10:40 AM