Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Autumn Thistle

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Saoirse

SAOIRSE

The edges of his eyes bristle, when the sharpness of her laugh briefly cuts through his mask. It opens without his realization, a fissure that strikes him nearly to the core. Had it not been for the weeks of mind-numbing travel, perhaps he would have turned and left. The energy and rare spark flickering off with no return in sight.

It wavered vicariously then, with a stiffened lip and an irritable whip from the boy’s tail. He could not quite decipher whether or not she had made to mock him. If there was something in the way he moved, or the tone in which he had answered her. Saoirse could not find the answer, and the quest to find such minute details in the small gestures of the mare proved troublesome.

He can’t help his quick response however, regardless of the rhetoric. It lilts and speeds off without warning or thought. There is no energy left to spare for thought…

“Mm… sounds homely to me.” The boy offers a weak grin.

“Who? Why no one, really… A stranger, a wanderer.” A soft sigh rolls off his lips. His verdant gaze leads away into the crowds, the odd buildings – foreign and alien under his scrutiny.

“They gave me a name when I was born. Saoirse. If that’s what you meant.”

A brief pause passed, before he centered his gaze on her eyes. Without hesitation, or second thoughts – or fears to absorb his outward soul. The boy carried on, with the brief hope of rest and dreams to be made ahead.

“What did they call you?”

credit

[very long wait. Sorry. Hope we can continue on, or if not, I can finish in the next post.]
@Rhoswen

Messages In This Thread
Autumn Thistle - by Saoirse - 11-16-2017, 11:13 PM
RE: Autumn Thistle - by Rhoswen - 11-17-2017, 11:31 AM
RE: Autumn Thistle - by Saoirse - 11-18-2017, 04:00 AM
RE: Autumn Thistle - by Rhoswen - 11-28-2017, 08:01 AM
RE: Autumn Thistle - by Saoirse - 01-12-2018, 03:11 AM