Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- look how they shine for you

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

I'm broken, lying helpless, shattered,
surrounded by the world

It's clear that I've interrupted, but I don't much care. Happens all the time, doesn't it? The roan mare seems more fragile, and I wonder if it is a stutter that she has in all conversations or if she's just that nervous in front of strangers (for her words tell me she doesn't not know the silvery dame either). I cock my head, waiting for her to snap out of it, but she doesn't. Instead the other, bolder mare steps forward, her position protective of the stuttering one. She seems not intimidated by me (which is fine, I'm not here to intimidate). Instead she's defensive, maybe a little snarly even! Her speech is soft to the unnamed one, but Seraphina - as she introduces herself as - takes the offensive when it comes to me. I let a soft smile slip on to my face, remaining (intentionally or unintentionally) an open book. Why does it matter to me to keep this friendly and relaxed? Does it? I don't know. One of those unexplainable things, I suppose. "Seraphina, warrior of the Day Court." He repeats her words, nodding respectfully. "I am Rostislav, and I suppose I do not have any sort of home yet. I'm still exploring this land." Of course I mean all of Novus, not just Terrastella. "However, I am a warrior like yourself."

Again - does it matter? This Seraphina does not seem to take kindly to me, and I wonder if she plans to start something right here, right now. For the sake of my tired mind and legs, I hope she doesn't. As pointy as my head might be, I mean no harm. I look past her at the roan. The poor thing must be quite frightened by two WARRIORS (since that's like, a thing right now) who are all tough and gruff and posturing. My next words are directed toward her. "You do not seem like a warrior, which of course is fine. I'm guessing you ARE from the Dawn Court?"

"."
@Inara
Sorry it sucks :'(

Messages In This Thread
look how they shine for you - by Inara - 06-10-2017, 04:17 PM
RE: look how they shine for you - by Seraphina - 06-10-2017, 11:35 PM
RE: look how they shine for you - by Rostislav - 06-15-2017, 10:29 PM
RE: look how they shine for you - by Inara - 06-19-2017, 03:55 PM
RE: look how they shine for you - by Seraphina - 07-05-2017, 04:02 PM
RE: look how they shine for you - by Rostislav - 07-09-2017, 08:14 PM