Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Starscape

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Reichenbach

he'll rekindle all the dreams
you took a lifetime to destroy

" Sorry, I'm not sure why but I forgot how to speak for a few moments there."

Amusement lingered in his gaze at the words, his smile easy and graceless. There was a sense that she was overwhelmed, uncertainty shifting in her bones at either his approach or her position — a sense that she was on uneven ground. Reichenbach simply watched, noticing every shift and stammer as he had always done, his smile unfaltering. 

"I've come from the shores of the winter sea. I'm not quite sure where it is I am, or truthfully where I'm going. This realm is so vast and foreign to me. I have drifted a great distance from my homeland in search of a new life. Not that you need the story of a stranger... I'm not sure why your presence gives me such compulsion to share these things with you.. but it does."

At that he conceded a small laugh, silver eyes bright through the inky darkness — he'd never considered that his presence alone was enough to sway or compel someone to talk. A dark finger brushed against his mind, saying in his own gods-damned voice What of Florentine? What of Aislinn? Did you think they fell in love with you for your wit? But he pushed the thought aside, choosing to ignore the question and the implications that came with it hand in hand. Shadows curled at his nape as he watched ice blue eyes turn cautious — not damning, but wary. 

"The Winter Sea... You're from Reth? Or thereabouts."

He asked, a memory stirring. A man had once passed through from The Breath of the Sun, golden skinned and dark haired, some ex-soldier, he'd sat with Reich when he'd been younger and told him stories — soldier to soldier, before the crown had sat upon his wild haired head. He peered at the newcomer now, noting the colouring of her — all children of the sun were painted in his visage. Reich cocked his head a little, grinning as he considered all things the Kingdom of Reth held dear. Love and passion, violence and beauty — all things that ruled The Night King, too.

"Reichenbach," he answered her simply, "King of Denocte and The Night Court — the city you stand within now." King of both the underworld and the Courtly one, a King of Thieves and shadows and stars. 

"... and who are you, stranger from Reth? It is not often The Children of the Sun find their way here — though I must say I'm pleased to house you. I find your values... similarly important."

@Noctiilucent <3
space

Messages In This Thread
Starscape - by Noctiilucent - 01-15-2018, 09:50 PM
RE: Starscape - by Reichenbach - 01-17-2018, 10:48 PM
RE: Starscape - by Noctiilucent - 01-22-2018, 04:47 PM
RE: Starscape - by Reichenbach - 01-29-2018, 10:49 PM
RE: Starscape - by Noctiilucent - 02-17-2018, 06:45 PM
RE: Starscape - by Reichenbach - 02-19-2018, 06:02 AM
RE: Starscape - by Noctiilucent - 04-03-2018, 01:33 PM
RE: Starscape - by Reichenbach - 04-12-2018, 07:48 PM
RE: Starscape - by Noctiilucent - 06-02-2018, 07:59 PM